TuneIn plugin fails playback of any station.

AllanBjorklund

AllanBjorklund

Hi,

I've been trying to use TuneIn to listen to streaming radio as my local reception is pretty bad because of localized interference.  It worked well when I was running the 3.2.x.x versions of Emby-Server.

I upgraded to the 3.5.x.x version as my Rokus insisted on it in early August after the Roku Emby client was updated.

Since then TuneIn will not play any of the streams regardless of client (both browser or Roku).  I can navigate within TuneIn and select stations, but all I visually see is the spinner.

Here is a server log file from my most recent attempt (Chrome browser was the client). server.txt

There was no ffmpeg log file.

Looking at the logs it keeps complaining about not being able to find a handler for the live.m3u8 URLs, and ContainerNotSupported.  Searching the forums, I see this is something that seems to happen with some frequency, but I didn't see any applicable solutions to remedy this myself.

Would appreciate any advice/assistance to correct this.

Edited by AllanBjorklund

AllanBjorklund

Is there something past 3.5.3.0?  That is what I'm currently running.

Or did you mean I should wait for the next upcoming release?

AllanBjorklund

Decided to try the 3.6.0.2 Beta server, and TuneIn is working again.  Thanks!

BTW - The Chrome scrolling bug fixed in 3.5.3.0 seems to have crept back into 3.6.0.2.

• 4 weeks later...
AllanBjorklund

I finally bit the bullet and setup my media server to use the docker image, and am now running beta 3.6.0.58.  (Was quite the messy process moving away from the native Mono version to docker.  Basically had to start from scratch.)

And TuneIn is once again broken.

I can navigate to a station, but there isn't a "play" button.  Tried both Roku, and the Web interface.

I've attached today's log.

server.txt

Edited by AllanBjorklund

I'll take a look but we may be at the point of having to just remove the tunein plugin from our catalog. It might be out of date with the tunein api.

• 1 month later...

I made a couple tweaks and some content with tunein is playable now, on the beta server. Not all of it is at this point though.