Skip Forward In Guide

moviefan

moviefan

I use the LiveTV feature mainly for one function - watching baseball games on one of my computer displays while working from home.  Yes, makes me much more productive.

Anyway, I normally watch the HD channel and it is in the 700s.

So, every time I want to turn the game on now it takes several minutes...

I click on Live TV, then on the guide, and then keep clicking next page until I see the channel I want.  Loading each successive page seems to take a while the first time through the guide.  After they've loaded, it flips back and forth quickly usually but clicking through the 30 pages to get to 700 or so can take 3-5 mins, which is about how long it takes to start my game.

I feel like there has to be a more efficient way to do this but I can't figure it out.  Any suggestions?  If I just remember the channel number is there a way to load it right away?

Edited by moviefan

Spaceboy

Add the channel as a favourite then that channel is included on the what's on tab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moviefan

Add the channel as a favourite then that channel is included on the what's on tab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm well this didnt seem to work.  I have the channel added as a favorite but the What's On tab doesnt seem to do anything different and doesnt show that channel.

However, going through this I realized I can just clickon the channels tab and this allows me to quickly scroll down to the channel I want.

IcyBergals

You could also change the number for the channel to something smaller so it would show up on the first page of the guide.  I used a free program called Guide Tool to change some channel numbers on my setup, it's very simple.  It can be downloaded from http://1geek1tool.com/guidetool/

zombieagain

I second this request, there should be a simple way to get to higher number channels without going through many pages and without settings favorites or renumbering channels.

• 4 months later...
overClocked!

I second this request, there should be a simple way to get to higher number channels without going through many pages and without settings favorites or renumbering channels.

Bump.

I was also wondering if it is possible to jump directly to a channel in the guide, or to search for a channel number or network name, or call letters using a search feature with the LiveTV guide in context? I use the Favorite Lineups in Windows Media Center and use them to filter my guide and channel listings but it's still a lengthy list. So I'm wondering I'd creating multiple lineups with just a few channels will help bubble them to the top of the listing?