Gets slower

Glyde62

highonascii

@@highonascii

I think I found the issue. Thanks for reporting, the regression should be fixed with 3.1.23

Sorry I wasn't of more help last night it was really late. I updated to 3.1.24 and all is working again. Great job!!!

• Like 1

highonascii

Just got back home, I left emby playing all day, Not noticing any long pause in between episodes loading. Great job! 

• Like 1

Glyde62

Had 5 minutes when i got up this morning, Emby reinstalled on then

Didnt have time to scan so did that this arvo and is up and running again

See how it goes tonight if we get a slow down

• Like 1

snootched

Still auto playing for almost 24 hours now.... NO SLOW DOWN!!!!! Fixed! ;)

Well, I really wish I could echo your experience, but sadly I cannot.  Seemed to be fixed for me at first, however, I can say that the issue persists.  I just tried to access a new episode and took ~30s this time.

Log attached.

kodi.log

snootched

@@snootched

Which title was it? Seems you have multiple play attempts in your log.

Sorry about that... at the end should be: The Late Show with Stephen Colbert - 2018-10-01 - Jake Tapper, Eric Idle, Lauv, Julia Michaels.mkv

Thanks

Angelblue05

Your server seems really slow to respond. Do you still have the Emby log from that time? Also are you on server 3.6.x or earlier?

Edited by Angelblue05

snootched

Your server seems really slow to respond. Do you still have the Emby log from that time? Also are you on server 3.6.x or earlier?

3.6.0.46, and log is attached.  If I kill kodi and restart it, then the episode plays just about instantly.  That's been consistent (even when I was on 3.5.x)

Let me know if I can do anything else to assist.

embyserver.txt

• Like 1

highonascii

Well, I really wish I could echo your experience, but sadly I cannot.  Seemed to be fixed for me at first, however, I can say that the issue persists.  I just tried to access a new episode and took ~30s this time.

Log attached.

I reset my whole database... Have you tried that first??

Angelblue05

@@snootched

I checked your server log and it looks fine so it's definitely something the add-on is doing. Does this happen for new episodes only or even what already exists?

Can you do me a favor and enable debug in the add-on settings (not Kodi itself), then playback to replicate the issue? Since debug will make your log grow pretty quickly, in order to keep your log small, leave log level to info until you see the issue starts happening. Then go to the add-on settings and enable log level to debug. Then playback to capture the issue. Provide that log. Thanks :)

• Like 1

snootched

@@Angelblue05

Thanks for looking.  It happens with both new and old content.  Typically only watching new TV eps, however, we have been running through existing episodes of Parks&Recreation that have been in the library for some time and it will happen.  Just happens after kodi being running for extended period of time.

Will definitely do as you suggest. I restarted kodi after the last log upload so its fresh and working fine for the moment.  When it starts up again, I'll go for the debug on the add-on.  Thanks!

• Like 1

snootched

But did you reset database though? I am curious lol

since .24a, I have done Repair Libraries, but not full db reset.

highonascii

since .24a, I have done Repair Libraries, but not full db reset.

repair and reset for me take just as long so I always just reset now. with addon in beta and kodi in beta I think its a good thing to do. just my 2 cents but I haven't restarted my system in over 48 hour and most that time I have been streaming tv series non-stop. Cheers!

snootched

@@snootched

I checked your server log and it looks fine so it's definitely something the add-on is doing. Does this happen for new episodes only or even what already exists?

Can you do me a favor and enable debug in the add-on settings (not Kodi itself), then playback to replicate the issue? Since debug will make your log grow pretty quickly, in order to keep your log small, leave log level to info until you see the issue starts happening. Then go to the add-on settings and enable log level to debug. Then playback to capture the issue. Provide that log. Thanks :)

@@Angelblue05

So not sure if you want me to reply on this thread or the other one that I see going.  However I still see the slowness issue in my setup after several hours of the plugin running.  I turned on plugin debug like you asked and captured trying to play an episode of The Colbert show again and have attached here.

Changes since last time - updated to the latest .27a.  Have done full db reset, and have only sync'd TV and Movies back for now.

When I went to go turn debugging on, even loading up the plugin to get into settings took a very long time to get into.  So for me there's something more than just playback.

I will be away for the next couple days, but if there is anything I can test for you when I return - more than happy to do so.

Thanks

Edit: added extra kodi log after trying to go into settings to turn off debug.  If you see anything interesting in there around slowness.   time was around 09:53am

kodi.log

kodi1.log

Edited by snootched
  • Like 1

highonascii

@@Angelblue05

So not sure if you want me to reply on this thread or the other one that I see going.  However I still see the slowness issue in my setup after several hours of the plugin running.  I turned on plugin debug like you asked and captured trying to play an episode of The Colbert show again and have attached here.

Changes since last time - updated to the latest .27a.  Have done full db reset, and have only sync'd TV and Movies back for now.

When I went to go turn debugging on, even loading up the plugin to get into settings took a very long time to get into.  So for me there's something more than just playback.

I will be away for the next couple days, but if there is anything I can test for you when I return - more than happy to do so.

Thanks

Edit: added extra kodi log after trying to go into settings to turn off debug.  If you see anything interesting in there around slowness.   time was around 09:53am

Just a suggestion and this is what I did and haven't seen slow down since... Instead of just resetting data base get the myvideos112.db from a fresh kodi install (I'll upload it here just remove the .txt at the end of file below) and put it in *:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database\  replacing the old file. Then resync. I bet there will me no more slow down as I haven't seen any since it was fixed. Cheers!

MyVideos112.db.txt

Edited by highonascii

Angelblue05

@@snootched

Thanks for your logs. I will have a look. I checked your second log at around 9:53-54. I do see the request to open settings. There's no delays that involves the add-on itself for that one. But looks like right before, at 9:53, Kodi was doing something. Do you have audio passthrough enabled?

09:54:32.089 T:200194004208  NOTICE: EMBY.default -> DEBUG:: --->[ default ]
09:54:32.272 T:200194004208  NOTICE: EMBY.entrypoint.default -> path: ?mode=settings params: {
                                                "mode": "settings"
                                            }
09:54:32.448 T:200194004208  NOTICE: EMBY.default -> ---<[ default ]

I will look at your logs more though, so thanks for that.

Angelblue05

@@snootched

Just for the heck of it, can you disable debug logging in the add-on settings? Set it to info. Does it make a difference? I've been looking at your logs and there's really nothing that I see that's abnormal, everything seems slow in general between log lines, almost 1 second per function to run... That's just really slow.

Looks like a general slowness with the python interpreter. It took Kodi 5 seconds from the add-on giving the url to Kodi playing it. I do not understand why it would be so slow. Maybe it's something related to shield or storage used?

Edited by Angelblue05

The problem is not hardware related. I run window 10 and have had the same problem for about two months.

Sometimes the spinner just runs and the video never starts. I have to press stop button and then try again. Usually works second try, but still takes 5 seconds or so

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

highonascii

The problem is not hardware related. I run window 10 and have had the same problem for about two months.

Sometimes the spinner just runs and the video never starts. I have to press stop button and then try again. Usually works second try, but still takes 5 seconds or so

Have you tried my previous suggestion in this thread? I run win 10, intel i7-4790k, 32GB ram, gtx 970, 256GB ssd + 1TB hybrid drive, kodi 18 newest nightly, ebmy addon 3.1.28a and have not seen the issue of slow down return since it was fixed.

Angelblue05

Same issue for two months but the beta add-on has been out for barely a month?... You didn't post a log to go along with your issue report.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1