Collections for Movies

unisoft

unisoft

Collections were working.

I upgraded to server 3.5.3.0 and now they are not.

I have movie collections inherited from media broswer, with collection.xml - this previously worked.

I accept this is legacy, and have tried creating collections in the context menu options on the web client.

When I look, the collection name is  not saved and I can't add anything to a collection as a result?

I only only EmbyServer user READ/Change rights to my multimedia folder, but not delete rights to prevent accidental deletions.

• Like 1

unisoft

I don't really know to be honest.

Everything pretty much working now, certain things been described as by design or fixed later so those accounted for.

After server upgrade, there was a collections library added that I could see on the server side, this seem to contain two test collections I had created by the context menus but none of collection.xml folders (legacy collections).

Viewing in the web client and no collections were shown and when I created them in the web client, it pretended to and then didn't actually show them so I could add films to them (using the new way instead of collection.xml)

I'll carry on trying stuff......confused and no idea because it was working with both legacy collections AND the new way before the upgrade but the upgrade could just be "noise" and not the actual cause.....

For users who do not have access to all libraries, there is an issue with collection visibility in the 3.5.x releases. It has been resolved for 3.6. Legacy collections are also deprecated in 3.6.

unisoft

For users who do not have access to all libraries, there is an issue with collection visibility in the 3.5.x releases. It has been resolved for 3.6. Legacy collections are also deprecated in 3.6.

ahh thanks - thats given me food for thought....

Nick's MCE

Hi all

This has been a forever problem with Emby, Way back when the new method was introduced the legacy collection was broken. After much disapproval it was fixed and has been working for some time.

My only question is to Luke.

Will this be fixed.

I just cant stand it when my collections are messed with.

Thanks

Nicks

• 3 weeks later...
Nick's MCE

Hi Luke

I am just doing the migration from legacy collections to the new system.

Is it possible that I can change the default location from app data to my local file and keep all my movies in the same folder???

Looking on the server it looks like there is an option for this.

Let me know

Thanks

Nick

Nick's MCE

Luke

is this something that could be looked at as an option. This would then solve the whole legacy issue without compromising the new system.

Currently I have to work between the 2 folder locations and 190 collections whilst generating new fanart. 

Would be great if this could all be in 1 place.

Thoughts please

Thanks

Nick

5bc841deadaf0_Capture.png

• 2 weeks later...
Nick's MCE

Luke

Sorry for the late reply.

I have 2 issues since changing to the new system.

1. My C drive has now become full due to the amount of collection data and images being stored there. (I don't usually store this sort of data on a C drive, only use it to store install programs).

2. The collection date is not in the same place as the collection movies.

What I am asking is if the location of the collection data can be changed to another drive. This way I can put my collection movies in the same place as per the above screenshot of a collection folder with all the fanart I am creating.

This option shouldn't? effect the new system and would allow a form of legacy to be achieved.

Alternatively is it possible to install the server on another drive.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Nick

collection data consists of an xml file and a few images per collection. are you really going to say that is responsible for filling up your c: drive? Unless you have a 100MB hard drive it has to be something else.

Nick's MCE

Hi Luke

The fact the it may be filling up  my C drive was actually secondary to my reply.

I should have been more specific about the space being used on C drive. I have a 500gb SSD and as the screenshot shows 380gb is being used by the emby server. Not sure I have something set up wrong here but it seems a lot of space.

The other question about being able to specify the location of the collections folder or install the server on another drive was more important to me.

thanks

nick

5bd9431a6befe_Capture.png