Ignore the watched status of Emby in a Kodi addon

rafaelvieiras

rafaelvieiras

Hello Guys!
I need a help! I work on a kodi plugin project, the PseudoTV Addon.

This project basically uses your library to make a fake cable tv.

I need to solve a problem, all things played by my addon, change the watched status on Emby and kodi, but the correct way is to make the Emby ignore all things played in addon, like it is never watched.

How I can make this? I can call some emby function in python script of my addon or kodi has a function to make this? I am using native path via SMB on kodi.

thanks for help!  :D

rafaelvieiras
I believe so, cause the addon call a .xsp playlist and says to kodi to play this! I do not have deep knowledge in the addon of Kodi!

Angelblue05

Well I can't think of a way to avoid this. It's like telling Kodi not to mark stuff as watched. You can't do that in a straightforward way. The Emby for Kodi addon listens for watched status changes by Kodi.

This is what I use to tell the addon to skip a watched status update... might work...

xbmcgui.Window(10000).setProperty(emby.skip.{emby item id}, "true")

• Like 1

hstamas

Excellent plugin! Take everything that’s great about Pseudotv and strips out all the bulk. Super fast! I can see where you would need this to not report playstate since just playing around with it tonight I have a list of over 25 episodes that are reporting as partially played. Basically whenever I “changed the channel”. Wonder how the original plugin works this out? I don’t remember having the same issue last time I played with it?

• Like 1

rafaelvieiras

Well I can't think of a way to avoid this. It's like telling Kodi not to mark stuff as watched. You can't do that in a straightforward way. The Emby for Kodi addon listens for watched status changes by Kodi.

This is what I use to tell the addon to skip a watched status update... might work...

xbmcgui.Window(10000).setProperty(emby.skip.{emby item id}, "true")

Thanks! I will try to find a way to apply this! Another way is a solution I saw in another code, basically, the solution is to talk to Kodi to reset view count, I'm trying to find a way to apply this. 
Another point is I need to talk to kodi to reset progress of media, not only view count. Maybe I will try to call Json API, the method "VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails" and set runtime and playcount!

Angelblue05, know a way to make log only for addon's things, no for all Kodi's things? When I switch on the debug mode, my kodi.log turned on a big, big, big file.

Excellent plugin! Take everything that’s great about Pseudotv and strips out all the bulk. Super fast! I can see where you would need this to not report playstate since just playing around with it tonight I have a list of over 25 episodes that are reporting as partially played. Basically whenever I “changed the channel”. Wonder how the original plugin works this out? I don’t remember having the same issue last time I played with it?

hstamas, you talk about PseudoTv Live (PTVL), is a fork version of PseudoTv (PTV) - this plugin I am working -, the PTVL was started from PTV. But yes, I agree with you, the problem with PseudoTV Live is the size, the will to do all functionalities possible at the same time! I think what would be prudent to do is stay focused on small and basic functions to make it functional and usable, only after this, gradually add new functionalities.

PTVL don't have this playstate problem. I am reading the code to find a way to replicate the solution in PTV.