Request: Add more options to Max Streaming Bitrate

adam1010

adam1010

Summary: Add 240p and 144p options to Max Streaming Bitrate on Android TV

I have an interesting use case: The back-seat entertainment in my car (~6in TV with HDMI) is using a Fire Stick running Emby.

I use the Wifi hotspot from my phone and have the Max Streaming Bitrate set as low as it will go (420Kbps). That quality actually looks really good on the tiny screen.

When traveling through places with weak cell signal the video will cut out or buffer. So I'd much rather run them at 144p (like the mobile version of the app allows) so that the video works in more cases.

I'm guessing it was just excluded because most people are running Android TV on large TVs. So I'm hoping it's an easy fix to just add the extra options for those of us with cell-phone-sized TVs :-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
adam1010

@@ebr I've got a road trip coming up soon. Any chance to add a 144p (or whatever is easiest) low-bitrate option to the Android TV version of the app (like we have on mobile)?

I often use the Android TV app on mobile-sized TV screens or at hotels with awful WiFi, and I'd rather see pixelated content instead of having it buffer every few seconds.