Docker

grizlyadams

grizlyadams

Installed the latest docker update last night and it's broken my server , nothing will play and I'm getting the "No compatible streams are available" error. Both locally on the server and remotely.

Installed and reinstalled the emby docker and it's still the same.

How do I roll back to the previous version?

grizlyadams

Any further ideas? A week without emby and TV now and getting desperate!

I've installed "embybeta" docker, but stopped when I realised it was a "from scratch" installation - is there a way to copy over the config from my broken emby to the new embybeta? Is it just a case of copying the app data directories?

Thanks

Hi, I promise you are not being ignored, this is just one of those things that doesn't have an easy answer.

Since you installed the second docker, can you do some standalone tests with that first, maybe just setup a small test library? thanks.

mastrmind11

Heeelloooooooooooo????!!!!

Copy your entire config directory to some other location.  Pull beta docker, point it to the place you stuck your copied config directory in the run command, change the external ports to something other than 8096 in the run command if you plan to run both containers simultaneously.  That's it.

Edited by mastrmind11

grizlyadams

Copy your entire config directory to some other location. Pull beta docker, point it to the place you stuck your copied config directory in the run command, change the external ports to something other than 8096 in the run command if you plan to run both containers simultaneously. That's it.

That's what I did in a way - I installed beta, and copied the config directory over the one it created at install and set the port to 9086 (the original broken install is stopped too)

If I go to the beta Web page on 9086 I get page not available.

Will mess about more today....

mastrmind11

That's what I did in a way - I installed beta, and copied the config directory over the one it created at install and set the port to 9086 (the original broken install is stopped too)

If I go to the beta Web page on 9086 I get page not available.

Will mess about more today....

from localhost or somewhere else?  Try setting the new docker to host mode.

grizlyadams

from localhost or somewhere else? Try setting the new docker to host mode.

I'm remote from the machine running the emby docker. Vpn to the same network, then use local 192.168.x.x ip address to administer unraid, and the docker and emby.

Not sure what docker host mode is, but will look later. Thanks.

grizlyadams

So I have a few minutes spare so I thought I'd take a look at this again...

Started emby docker on my unraid server and it went to 100% cpu use on both cores for about 15 mins. Has now settled to around 40%...

I went to log in to the webui and there are two of my usernames. Ie I am listed twice in the list of users. When I log in I can no longer see the server Admin panel. (no little cog in the upper right)

How do I get that back?

If I set up a new emby am I going to have to re: configure all of my helpers? (deluge, radarr, sabnzb, sonarr)

grizlyadams

from localhost or somewhere else? Try setting the new docker to host mode.

FYI the d docker was running in host mode...

mastrmind11

So I have a few minutes spare so I thought I'd take a look at this again...

Started emby docker on my unraid server and it went to 100% cpu use on both cores for about 15 mins. Has now settled to around 40%...

I went to log in to the webui and there are two of my usernames. Ie I am listed twice in the list of users. When I log in I can no longer see the server Admin panel. (no little cog in the upper right)

How do I get that back?

If I set up a new emby am I going to have to re: configure all of my helpers? (deluge, radarr, sabnzb, sonarr)

Do you have more than 1 emby container running?  If so (and it sounds like it), they can't share the same config folder or they'll compete.  Setting up a new container is as simple as not deleteting the config folder when you remove the container.  Then just point the new emby container at the old config folder.

grizlyadams

Do you have more than 1 emby container running? If so (and it sounds like it), they can't share the same config folder or they'll compete. Setting up a new container is as simple as not deleteting the config folder when you remove the container. Then just point the new emby container at the old config folder.

No, I only have one docker running Emby. When I go to the emby webgui I am presented with a list of users (as usual) but there are two users with my name and when I log in I no longer see the server Admin/config option, which I'm guessing means I'm not longer an Admin?