Music not updating new artists

rapteev

Hello all

I am running emby-kodi (latest update)  on 2 Nvidia shield and 1 amazon fire tv with recent Kodi Leia nightly installed.

The server runs on windows server 2016.

So, I have this problem:

If I add a new artist (1 or more)  to my library the albums for that artist appear ok on Kodi-music-albums but the artist itself do not appear on Kodi-music-artists.

I have to go to emby addon - music-update library for the artist appear on Kodi-music-artists.

Logs (The 1st one is without manually update music library , the 2nd one is after I manually update the music library)

https://paste.kodi.tv/enizedeser

https://paste.kodi.tv/ajuqiruxem

This problem happens on all my clients.

Thank you very much

Angelblue05

Just a small update, I can definitely replicate the issue, I've been looking into a solution, thanks for your patience.

rapteev

Thank you very much Angelblue05 for all your hard work on this fantastic software. Hope you can resolve this issue.

rapteev

Hi Angelblue

It seems to be working ok with latest update.

I will do some more testing. If any issue occur I report back.

Thank you very much.

rapteev

Update

So, on one of my boxes I made a complete reset and start over. After the initial sync ends if I add a new artist the problem continue , but now the artist and the albums for that artist do not sync/update. I had to do a manual update for everything update.

rapteev

Update

So, on one of my boxes I made a complete reset and start over. After the initial sync ends if I add a new artist the problem continue , but now the artist and the albums for that artist do not sync/update. I had to do a manual update for everything update.

rapteev

I wait about 7/10 minutes after the server update its database. Do you think I have to wait a bit longer than that for Emby for Kodi update client database?

Angelblue05

What was already added to your server won't be added without manually triggering an update event for that content (either edit metadata > save or update the music library in Kodi).

I've tested on my side, adding a new artist with a new album and new songs and they appear in Kodi.

Can you recap the steps you took? You added knew content to your music library, then you told the music library to scan and look for new content in Emby. Then you waited and it's still not there, but it's there in the web app? If that is the case, can you provide a new Kodi log from that time? Or repeat the issue? It must be something else.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Can you retry with 3.1.26? I adjusted a few database things, hopefully that is what was preventing it from working.