Failed to update package [Emby Server]

cappa.dot
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

cappa.dot

I tried to update from 3.5.0.0 to 3.5.2.0 several months ago but kept running into issues as it would not update. I thought I would wait until the next release 3.5.3.0 but still I am unable to update. Comes up as a "severity error" and then in the log "Failed to update package [Emby Server]". I would prefer it that I don't have to uninstall and then install back on. Never had a problem with updating until now.

Running a DS416Play and I have attached the two logs that show in Emby once I have tried to update.

If you can help that would be great, thank you.

Server.txt

Server Log.txt

solabc16

Hello @cappa.dot

Your 3.5.0.0 installation appears to be running ok, can you confirm that is the case?

If possible can you run the following: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

Also, can you PM me your current public IP address so I can see if your system is actually downloading the package.

Best

- James

cappa.dot

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes the 3.5.0.0 is running fine and I notice a spike in download monitor when I download the package. I can also see it rising to 100%. I have tried to SSH in tonight and when it gets to sudo ./sendlogs it fails with ERROR: Unable to initialise logging, exiting script. I am using my admin account and password associated with it.

• Solution
solabc16

Hello cappa.dot

Thanks for the update, that's given me an idea as to what the problem likely is - please take a look at this post: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60930-cant-update-emby-on-my-synology-ds1813/?p=604918

Complete the step detailed there, then try the update again and let me know how you get on.

Best

- James

cappa.dot

Thank you. You were correct the link helped me sort out the script and run sendlogs. File sent is sendlogs_NAS416_synology_braswell_416play_20180926T203232UTC.tgz.