Cannot access server from connected PCs using MBC

BigTalker

BigTalker

Hello,

I am having an issue connecting to the MB server from any of the local PCs connected to the network.

I can access the configurator on the same PC as the server with no issues.  I can also browse the files through MBC on the server PC and access the web browser on that PC.

However, whenever I try to connect to the server from any other PC it times out and says the server can't be found and that I should check to make sure it is running.

I received an error from MBC (see attached image).

The system had been working fine prior to yesterday.  The only change I made to the system was deleted a secondary user and changed the name of the primary user.

Please let me know what the issue seems to be and how I can resolve it as it's driving me a little crazy!

Thanks in advance!

post-1988-0-95448600-1397081141_thumb.png

Configurator-842014cdbae272b5e641b0b6eeb81a8e2b2401.log

Okay, so you have a connectivity problem to your server.  Could be firewall.  Could be that you changed an IP address or the port...?

I turned the firewall completely off and it is still having the same issue.

Sorry, but there isn't much more I can do from here.  That machine cannot talk to our server on the other machine.  The reason could be any one of 100.  Are you sure the IP address is correct?

BigTalker

I'm new to all the network stuff.  What's the best way to find out which address I should be using.  I can access each machine fine from each other besides the MB issue - not sure if that makes a difference or helps diagnosing at all.

Try using the name of the machine instead.  Try typing:

nameofmacinewithserver:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard

• 4 weeks later...
Meine

@Bigtalker: Log onto windows as an administrator. Right-click this computer and choose Manage. Expand every single item in the left pane until you see Services (see screenshot 159). Look the service 'Media Browser' up and check the state by double clicking it. Normally it should have started. If not, click on the button 'Start' (see screenshot 158). I had the same error and was able to solve it in the way I just described. (If you cannot read Dutch, the buttons and the icons are on the same place as in English versions of windows).

post-3803-0-89901500-1399601895_thumb.jpg

post-3803-0-94228900-1399601897_thumb.jpg

Edited by Meine

• 6 months later...

I have exactly same issue, The MB3 client is unable to connect to the server if I just removed the gateway from the computer server network settings which of course disconnects the internet connection, I am able to ping both IPs (the computer server & the remote client) so there was no problem with the internal communications.

I'm using MB3 + iPad Client

Basem Hegazy

Edited by Basem