Can't connect remotely on Android App

FlyBoyML

Hi,

My latest issue is that I cannot connect remotely to my server using the Android Emby app. I have been able to since I've used Emby, but just recently, it has stopped working. It displays an error message if I try to connect by letting the local address fail and automatically searching for the WAN address, and it also fails if I try to connect to the server manually, by using my URL in the add server page.

If I connect to the server on WIFI locally, sign into my server on the app, then I disable my wifi on my phone, while keeping the app open on my phone, i can still browse my server "remotely".

Also, if I just use chrome on my phone, I can connect remotely by using my URL or remote IP address and use the web client.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

embyLog.txt

post-125982-0-98364000-1537806767_thumb.png

I'm on an original Pixel, Android 9.0 (Pie). Now that you mentioned that, I also tried the app on my Nexus 5X, running Android 8, and it works just fine over WAN (remote). Maybe its a problem with Android 9?

So, after much testing, the problem was isolated to my phone. I did a complete factory reset on my pixel, and it is now working correctly. Thanks for the help.