Replaced router, now server not seen on network

clarkss12
Go to solution Solved by naeonline,

clarkss12

I replaced my router yesterday, now none of my devices can **see** the server.  When I installed the new router, it gave my server hardware a different IP address.  I changed the IP address back to what it was originally.  I have verified all my devices match the "in-Home LAN access" IP address...... of the server.

Is there a port on my router that I need to open??  I don't recall opening a port on my other router.  

I will be swapping back the original router in a couple of days, I was doing some testing.

Edited by clarkss12

mastrmind11

I replaced my router yesterday, now none of my devices can **see** the server.  When I installed the new router, it gave my server hardware a different IP address.  I changed the IP address back to what it was originally.  I have verified all my devices match the "in-Home LAN access" IP address...... of the server.

Is there a port on my router that I need to open??  I don't recall opening a port on my other router.  

I will be swapping back the original router in a couple of days, I was doing some testing.

Remove the server from each device and re-add it.  I've gone through this as well, both when swapping out network hardware as well as migrating servers to different hardware.

clarkss12

Remove the server from each device and re-add it.  I've gone through this as well, both when swapping out network hardware as well as migrating servers to different hardware.

Server or client??   I read the instructions, and it said I had to port forward.  Tried to port forward, but I must not be doing it correctly.......

Removing the server from the client from the client did not work.

No biggie though, I will be putting the original router back into place tomorrow.

Edited by clarkss12

clarkss12

One thing to be noted.  I am also running an Emby server running on Pine64 board, and I have no problems connecting to that server.....

clarkss12

I uninstalled the server from my Windows 10 machine (did not check any of the boxes) and re-installed.  Still can't be found on the local network.

mastrmind11

Server or client??   I read the instructions, and it said I had to port forward.  Tried to port forward, but I must not be doing it correctly.......

Removing the server from the client from the client did not work.

No biggie though, I will be putting the original router back into place tomorrow.

You wouldn't need to port forward if you're on your local network when trying to connect though.  Odd.

• Solution
naeonline

Your windows system most likely sees you as being on a new network because of the new router, and by default is probably classified as a 'public' network.  this makes it so the Windows Firewall rules that were working before aren't now because they were set for a 'Private' network and not a 'Public' network.

Do a google search for Windows 10 change network to private.  Depending on which Windows 10 build you are on you can either do this through settings or powershell.

• Like 1

clarkss12

You wouldn't need to port forward if you're on your local network when trying to connect though.  Odd.

Yes, I got confused.  You are correct.

clarkss12

Your windows system most likely sees you as being on a new network because of the new router, and by default is probably classified as a 'public' network.  this makes it so the Windows Firewall rules that were working before aren't now because they were set for a 'Private' network and not a 'Public' network.

Do a google search for Windows 10 change network to private.  Depending on which Windows 10 build you are on you can either do this through settings or powershell.

Doggonit, Naeonline, you are genuis...... That computer had changed it's network from **private** to **public**..   Changed it back and now working like a charm................ thanks

clarkss12

I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Connectivity

Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed and which ones do not. thanks !

Perhaps, you should add in big bold letters to check your network connectivity, from **public** to **private**........ lol  Naeonline saved my butt.