LiveTV

neik

Hi @@Angelblue05,

just saw this in the latest changelog:

Add live TV support (channels for now) -- Note this is just a dynamic entry, it's not a pvr replacement.

Do I need a specific version of Kodi or Emby server to give this a try?

If we get LiveTV on Kodi this would be an awesome step forward.

Thanks!

Angelblue05

No, it should work for any kodi version that the add-on supports, and for server 3.5 (maybe 3.4) and above.

it's just a dynamic entry (meaning the plugin pulls the live tv channels list from your server and displays it).

Just launch the Emby add-on > Access your Live TV emby library, it should list channels, which I believe you should be able to play at this time. Keep me posted. :)

EODCrafter

Hi @@Angelblue05,

just saw this in the latest changelog:

Do I need a specific version of Kodi or Emby server to give this a try?

If we get LiveTV on Kodi this would be an awesome step forward.

Thanks!

Not trying to Steer you away from Emby...It's Awesome, but hasn't the Simple PVR in Kodi always supported live TV? Maybe I'm missing something here...

Angelblue05

Yeah but you have to know how to set everything up. This is just a simple presentation of what's reflected in the web app for convenience.

Edited by Angelblue05

arrbee99

If you have live tv in Emby via NextPVR and the plugin, and you have NextPVR also set up in Kodi, would this cause any kind of conflict ?

Not trying to Steer you away from Emby...It's Awesome, but hasn't the Simple PVR in Kodi always supported live TV? Maybe I'm missing something here...

Yes, right but that's not how I want to set it up. ;-)

Anyway, thanks for the hint! :-)

No, it should work for any kodi version that the add-on supports, and for server 3.5 (maybe 3.4) and above.

it's just a dynamic entry (meaning the plugin pulls the live tv channels list from your server and displays it).

Just launch the Emby add-on > Access your Live TV emby library, it should list channels, which I believe you should be able to play at this time. Keep me posted. :)

Hi Angel,

I can't see my LiveTV library, neither in Kodi's TV library nor in Addon -> Emby.

When I open Emby under Addon there are only my two "normal" libraries (Movies, TV Shows).

Any hint?

€dit: My setup is as follows:

Emby Server 3.5.2.0

Kodi 17.6 on a FireTV Stick (Gen.2), tried Kodi 18 beta 2 afterwards with the same result

Edited by neik

Angelblue05

@@neik

Does the emby user connected to the Kodi profile has access to your live tv? If you open the web app for the emby user, does it display the live tv library?

Let me know. It should be there.

Hi @@Angelblue05,

yes my user does have access rights for LiveTV, in fact it has access to everything but deleting stuff.

If I open the Emby Addon -> Add libraries, then All is already selected. If I open the Emby Addon -> Sync theme media then "No local TV Tuners available" (or similar) appears.

Do I need to have local TV tuners for this to work? I only have a m3u list of free TV channels available.

Edited by neik

Angelblue05

No. It's a dynamic entry. Meaning it's not available to sync. It should just be there when you launch Emby for Kodi. Check your list (above add libraries, etc).

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Wth... ok I'll recheck but there's really nothing to it. It's like the playlist entry and the collections entry...

If it shows up in the web app then it should be there.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Thanks for confirming, @@sualfred!

@Angeblue05, above add libraries there are only my "normal" collections, such as movies and tv shows.

I am not sure where the issue would be. Do you have a playlists entry (if you have playlists in the web app)?

No, in general I don't use playlists myself, my sister does though.

Actually, I am using a test user created for testing purposes with all permissions Emby allows.

All I see in the Web App are the "folders" Movies, Series & LiveTV and in LiveTV I can see all the channels in the m3u file.

In case you need a Kodi log, just let me know. ;-)

Angelblue05

Just for my own sake, can I ask you to provide a screenshot of what you see in the webapp and a screenshot of the libraries you see when launching the addon all the way to add libraries? Thanks

I don't have filters for libraries anymore. But maybe it's something I'm not seeing.

For now, I won't ask you for a log... but I might? [emoji4]

Edited by Angelblue05

Yeah, sure!

Libraries in WebApp: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoPn9ceb766mgfgQAyUg3O48OTzzzA

Emby for Kodi: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoPn9ceb766mgfgRxLJpxXI5gUgz0Q

User permissions (server): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoPn9ceb766mgfgTZmc2X1HN0YkQxg

Hope this helps!

€dit: I just saw you are using Embuary, can it be skin related?

Edited by neik
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok I figured out where the issue is. It's because of the way Emby is working in 3.6 compared to pre 3.6.... Live tv is not a media folder and that's why it's not being detected (that changes in 3.6). So I was wrong, 3.6 is needed for this, but I am looking into if it's possible to workaround this.

Edited by Angelblue05