7 replies to this topic

#1 jfgilliam OFFLINE  

jfgilliam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • Local time: 02:56 AM

Posted 22 September 2018 - 09:26 PM

watching a recording  delayed and I see 2 problems. first, it does not know the length that has been recorded so far. after  letting  it play, the scrubber over time gets more time added to it. this makes it impossible to fast forward to minute 10 right away. let it buffer up while playing and you can eventually do it. the buffer really takes a long time to catch up if you're way behind. this is what I have to do to change devices/rooms and pick up where I left off. all of this is before the recording is finished.

Second, when I start playing from the beginning of the recording, then there is a problem when you're ready to fast forward the very first time. when you click the right button, it moves to where the end of the buffer is, not from the point of where the current position is. therefore I have to rewind back to where that point was and start from there. once I do that it works fine.. so I have learned to take note the first time where I am.

#2 roberthleeii OFFLINE  

roberthleeii

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 216 posts
  • Local time: 12:56 AM
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:45 PM

watching a recording delayed and I see 2 problems. first, it does not know the length that has been recorded so far. after letting it play, the scrubber over time gets more time added to it. this makes it impossible to fast forward to minute 10 right away. let it buffer up while playing and you can eventually do it. the buffer really takes a long time to catch up if you're way behind. this is what I have to do to change devices/rooms and pick up where I left off. all of this is before the recording is finished.

Second, when I start playing from the beginning of the recording, then there is a problem when you're ready to fast forward the very first time. when you click the right button, it moves to where the end of the buffer is, not from the point of where the current position is. therefore I have to rewind back to where that point was and start from there. once I do that it works fine.. so I have learned to take note the first time where I am.

I think this is not a new issue. Mine worked like this before the update.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#3 jfgilliam OFFLINE  

jfgilliam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:05 AM

I think this is not a new issue. Mine worked like this before the update.

I didn't spend much time with the pre-beta version. But, still a problem that needs to be fixed in my mind, none the less.

#4 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 48159 posts
  • Local time: 01:56 AM

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:29 AM

I'm afraid we don't have a lot of control here.  We will take a look to see if anything can be done but all of this is handled by the built-in Roku player.

#5 jfgilliam OFFLINE  

jfgilliam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 01:51 PM

Thanks for looking into it. If it is a Roku Player problem, then they need to help fix it. Waiting for the buffer to fill up is not very WAF friendly.

As for the skipping to the end on the first skip, I have learned that if I pause it first, the skip will work as expected. Not so bad if you know you need to do it, but annoying none the less.

#6 jfgilliam OFFLINE  

jfgilliam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 04:51 PM

Another issue with the scrubber, is I added 30 minutes to the recording. I'm now watching the point past the regularly scheduled end and the scrubber says I have 0m to go. Yet, I can skip forward over the commercials (but it reverted back to 30 sec skip where I have it set to 10 sec). I think it all goes back to the scrubber needs to know the end of the "actual" recording that's in progress and realize it will change while paying and paused.

Edited by jfgilliam, 23 September 2018 - 05:10 PM.

#7 vaise OFFLINE  

vaise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1063 posts
  • Local time: 04:56 PM

Posted 30 September 2018 - 06:26 AM

Back in the very very old Windows Media Centre days 'chase play' was perfect, you could start to watch an in progress recordng and even fast forward it till it caught up with live TV and it would just keep on playing.

I have not found a solution yet that can do it properly like that.  

I must say, for my viewing, I just wait till anything has completed before watching it - but the wife often chomps on the bit for her reality TV fix!!!!

#8 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142617 posts
  • Local time: 01:56 AM

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:15 AM

That's something we'd like to support in a future update. Thanks !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: timeshifting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users