show exactly what emby is doing when importing - identifying - getting metadata

jaquestati

jaquestati

this is my biggest problem/complaint really... and we see all these people posting about how a scan is stuck (when we all know its just taking a while : )

if there were just an activity page like plex has where it shows exactly what plex is scanning, importing, matching, processing etc.. where it just scrolls by in real time..

switching to the beta and trying to re-import dozens of librarys, 100tb+ of stuff... days can go by where i'm not sure if emby is really doing anything... or why an initial scan of some library is taking like a week : ) : (

it would just be such peace of mind if we knew what emby was actually doing... if it really was stuck... or what parts of the process take so long...

i know you can go in and look at the end of the log and try (repeat TRY) to figure it out... whats going on... but it's next to impossible really... and if a scan has been running for days that log is frickin huge and hard to even deal with : ) : (

Edited by jaquestati

You can open the server log with notepad++. You'll see exactly what it's doing when you scroll down, click on the last line and update the file.