Kodi 18 Beta 1 - 3.1.18a No sync

MRobi

Can you describe what happens? Why do you think it's not syncing?

New content on the server and not appearing on kodi through emby add-on but is accessible via embycon.

Attempt to manually update the directory and get an error "Something went wrong during the sync. You'll be able to restore progress when restarting Kodi. If the problem persist, please report on the Emby for Kodi forums, with your Kodi log."

Edited by MRobi

Angelblue05

Did you update your server recently? I'm not sure what happened in your previous log, you had a lot of updates, almost as if it was updating your entire library. But then there was an error trying to add an episode saying the episode id already exists. So I'm confused how that happened since when adding an episode, it should create a brand new entry.

Did you update your server recently? I'm not sure what happened in your previous log, you had a lot of updates, almost as if it was updating your entire library. But then there was an error trying to add an episode saying the episode id already exists. So I'm confused how that happened since when adding an episode, it should create a brand new entry.

I spoke too soon saying it sync'd. It loaded the new media, but any items I've watched through embycon are still showing as unwatched in my library.

Yes I did recently update to 3.5.2.0. The lot of updates has been happening ever since I've started with emby years ago. I'll get updates thousands of files at a time, many of which are items that haven't been touched on the server in years. Old movies or old tv shows suddenly getting updated.

Angelblue05

Not normal. Repair the library, hopefully that will resolve the current situation. Edit: You should have updates for things that you interact with, but it also highly depends on your server settings. If your content is constantly being updated, that's update events that are also sent to Kodi.

Do you use nfo files? Server dashboard > library > metadata, save images path within nfo files is disabled? What about Save user watch data to nfo's for, is it empty?

Edited by Angelblue05

Hi, the sync does not work for me either. I had a really hard time to make a initial sync and now the new content is not synced. I got error when try to sync manually too.

"Something went wrong during the sync. You'll be able to restore progress when restarting Kodi. If the problem persist, please report on the Emby for Kodi forums, with your Kodi log."

Here is the log:

Thanks.

Edited by nhsman

After restart nothing happen. The scan is not resumed. Then I go to manually update library and get the error.

Log attached:

Thanks.

Edited by nhsman

Angelblue05

You always get "a patch has been applied"?

Are you able to navigate to /storage/.kodi/temp/emby/ and check if there's an objects folder that is filled with files?

• Like 1

You always get "a patch has been applied"?

Are you able to navigate to /storage/.kodi/temp/emby/ and check if there's an objects folder that is filled with files?

Yes, after every restart of Kodi I get "a patch has been applied".

And yes, there is an object folder filled with files.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

No problem. Please let me know if I could help somehow.

Can you try 3.1.19. Update (you'll likely get an error). Restart Kodi. Let me know if the issue persists. If it does, I think I'll have to add additional logging.

It behaves exactly the same. It gives error when try to update library:

"Something went wrong during the sync. You'll be able to restore progress when restarting Kodi. If the problem persist, please report on the Emby for Kodi forums, with your Kodi log."

Then after I restart I get "a patch has been applied" and not asked to resume sync. Then I try to manual update and get the same error message.

New log:

Edited by nhsman

Woke up this morning to do a repair library. Didn't notice if it updated to 3.1.19 or not, I would assume so since automatic updates are turned on.

I set it to repair my Kids TV library since it's fairly small and would be quick to do for testing. It removed the Kids TV library and then started syncing my regular TV library which is huge and takes hours. Don't know why it switched from one to the other but I'll report back in a few hours when it's done.

OK, so 4 hours later I ended up with my Kids TV Library completely removed and my regular TV library still out of sync.

I went to do a database reset and it gave me an error about 22,000+ updates pending and then froze completely.

On reboot the database seems cleared and it's rebuilding now. Hoping for the best.

FYI It did update to 3.1.19

Angelblue05

Keep me posted on this. You had an integrity error in your database. I hope that moving forward, this will not happen again.

I don't know why it switched. You'd have to provide your log from that time. Do they have similar names? Like one is tv library, the other one is kids tv library?

Keep me posted on this. You had an integrity error in your database. I hope that moving forward, this will not happen again.

I don't know why it switched. You'd have to provide your log from that time. Do they have similar names? Like one is tv library, the other one is kids tv library?

Yes, one is named "TV" the other is "Kids TV".

After a database reset, it completed a full sync and when I came back my library was completely empty. I decided to reboot and upon restart it asked me if I wanted to resume the previous sync. Clicked yes and it started the full sync over again. Fast fwd a few hours it just completed the full sync for the second time. This time I sat and watched it to make sure it did complete without errors. Again, all libraries empty. Again on restart it's asking me if I want to resume the sync. 

Log attached

EDIT: After clicking no and telling it to forget the previous sync, I was going in to the settings to re-enable embycon and as I was clicking through I saw something flash on top of the screen regarding 23,000+ updates. Because I was clicking through something and happened to click as this was popping up, I don't know if I clicked yes or no or exactly what it said.

kodi.log

Edited by MRobi
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Thanks for your log. There's an error, I am looking to fix it. Do not do anything right now. Just wait for my temp build in a few minutes.

It behaves exactly the same. It gives error when try to update library:

Then after I restart I get "a patch has been applied" and not asked to resume sync. Then I try to manual update and get the same error message.

New log:

@@Angelblue05

Have you got any ideas about this one? I already tried version .20 with the same result. Also upgraded Emby Server to the latest stable as same as Kodi to the latest master. On the top of the above issues now the series pooling does seem to stop working for me :-(

Please let me know if you need more logs.

Thanks for your help.

@@nhsman

Deleted my previous post.

Did you not see my pm? There's no fix for your situation right now because as I told you previously, I'll need to add additional logging. I was just waiting on you. Can you try this build and post a new log? Thank you. 

Hi, sorry I have not seen a PM from you. I have installed this build and still the same issue.

Thank you.

Here is the new log:

Edited by nhsman