Ceton Infinitv6 PCI and HD HR Prime Tuners

davedick

davedick

Currently I have a few HDHR Primes which I have Emby configured to use for Live TV/DVR.  I also have a 6 tuner Ceton, which I have configured with WMC.   What I'm trying to do (and see if it's possible is..)

1)  Configured Emby to be able to use the Ceton card, in addition to the primes (I know I would have to install the ServerWmc plugins)

2)  On the Emby Channel grid guide, it only display one instance of a channel (last time I configured Server WMC, the channel guide showed duplicate channels, I figured one was from Emby and the Other from WMC)

3)  When it comes time to record a currently playing show or a scheduled recording, Emby determines which tuner it wants to use automatically (I assume any recording done using the Ceton, would use WMC to record)

4)  If a live channel wants to be watched, Emby will decide which tuner to use to play the channel automatically.

Is this even possible?   I'm pretty much using Emby to watch Live TV, but still use WMC to handle some of the recordings.   I would like to use one source to schedule all of my recordings and it having the additional 6 tuners as a cushion, without having to decide which shows to record thru Emby and which ones to record thru WMC.

Thanks

@@davedick

Hi, yes it's all possible. All you need to do is setup the tuner in Emby Server, and then remove the ServerWMC plugin from Emby. That will prevent the duplication. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !