Emby not listed anymore

NikeSwe

Emby was listed over at Schedules Direct in the list "Edit account details" - "Software you use" - "JSON:" when I started my subscription not long ago. I selected Emby when starting the subscription period.

Now, "Emby" is not in the list anymore. Any reason to be concerned?

Edited by NikeSwe

CloudMedia

Emby was listed over at Schedules Direct in the list "Edit account details" - "Software you use" - "JSON:" when I started my subscription not long ago. I selected Emby when starting the subscription period.

I too noticed that and when configuring the Schedules Direct listing on my emby server the drop down list includes cable, digital and satellite but no local broadcast option. I have an OTA set-up but it's useless since I can't correctly select a local over the air local broadcasting. I can see in it my Schedules Direct account, but it's the only one not listed in the Emby config drop down, thus channels are blank etc.

Really bummed.

Schedules Direct works fine here. Just the suddenly missing Emby-option over at SD. But I also configured when Emby was shown in the list so, it could be different now.

I was entering the wrong password for my account when adding the listing in Emby. You do not get any error message, you can enter anything as user and password

but the rest of the form loads regardless (in Emby) giving the impression that you entered the right login information. At the same time, the source shows up in the list for added sources. Even if you cancel.

The way I noticed something was wrong was that the box to select listings was empty regardless of entered country or postal code.

edit: Also make sure that you don't have too many lineups subscribed over at SD.

I have three and I can only see them using the "Lineup support" link. The page we, the ordinary users see is lagging behind the updates to the api. Like months or years? ;)

I can't remove the lineups that I have added using Emby but I only use one now. So, not sure how the subscription lineups work now when the apps control that using the api.
"With the new SD-JSON service, lineups are managed within the application."

Edited by NikeSwe

Also, make sure to not add any lineups over at SD manually.

Emby use SD-JSON and manages that using the API.

Adding lineups over att SD is only if the app use the old format "SD-DD".

But, removing lineups, should Emby do that too? I see the three I tested before knowing the one to use. I have removed the two not needed from Emby but I can still see all three using the "Lineup Support" over at SD.
It may not matter but I was looking at some API-info and text at SD and the number of subscribed lineups has a limit. But, at the same time, that may only apply to the SD-DD-service... I don't know.

Happy as long as stuff works. ;-)

Edited by NikeSwe

CloudMedia

yes, my i've made sure that my user name and password are correct and I know it works because all the cable, digital, satellite listings are relevant to my postal code and are shown in the drop down list in the Emby lineup drop-down list..... except the Local Over the Air Broadcast option. 

I used the Zap2it to cross reference the what should be in the drop down list too and Emby lineup drop-down is missing the Local Over the Air Broadcast.

I only want/need to use the Local Over the Air Broadcast listing.

Okay, I think what you will need to do is remove one of the other listings.  There is a limit of 4 line-ups that can be accessed via the API.  I think you aren't seeing the OTA one because you've already used up the 4.  We need to get the ability to delete the lineup into Emby but, for now, you need to do this at Schedules Direct.

Okay, I think what you will need to do is remove one of the other listings.  There is a limit of 4 line-ups that can be accessed via the API.  I think you aren't seeing the OTA one because you've already used up the 4.  We need to get the ability to delete the lineup into Emby but, for now, you need to do this at Schedules Direct.

That was my suspicion.

Only way to remove them from SD-JSON is by contacting them (or using the api I guess). Could take up to a week for reply.

Edited by NikeSwe

No, instead use the epg123 software.

Great, good workaround for now. Thanks.

I managed to remove my two unused lineups when i did it one by one and restarted the app between each one to avoid some expired token warning in the log.

Removing both at the same time did nothing but that's not for this thread ofc. ;)

Edited by NikeSwe

CloudMedia

No, instead use the epg123 software.

Thanks for the Tip. However, I installed it, link SD account, removed 4 lines and queried for new ones and get the exact same results as per within Emby.... the drop down list includes cable, digital and satellite but no local broadcast option.

Stuck again.

Great, good workaround for now. Thanks.

I managed to remove my two unused lineups when i did it one by one and restarted the app between each one to avoid some expired token warning in the log.

Removing both at the same time did nothing but that's not for this thread ofc. ;)

You can only have 1 token at a time with SD, so if you opened EPG123 and logged in, and then emby tried to do something with SD, the token for EPG123 would have expired.

It appears that Schedules Direct is having some issues with their lineups interface. I just got contacted by a user that can see the lineups they wish to add, but get a message that the lineup is being generated on the server and to try later. I suggest you submit a ticket with SD.

You can only have 1 token at a time with SD, so if you opened EPG123 and logged in, and then emby tried to do something with SD, the token for EPG123 would have expired.

It appears that Schedules Direct is having some issues with their lineups interface. I just got contacted by a user that can see the lineups they wish to add, but get a message that the lineup is being generated on the server and to try later. I suggest you submit a ticket with SD.

My setup updates every 24h so not at the same time in this case. I marked two out of three lineups in the list and delete. All three disappeared from the list but was still listed under Lineup support at SD.

To get them to show again I restarted epg123 and removed one by one but I think I had to restart between each because of the expired token message in the log.. hm. Could remember wrong. I think I still have the log.

The point is that I managed to remove the two unused lineups in the end. ;)

Edited by NikeSwe

Sammy

Yes, this should all still be working fine. Please be sure you entered your SD credentials correctly.

It'd be nice if Emby gave feedback on whether the Credentials entered were correct. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I have 3 m3u playlists defined in LiveTV and selected Schedules Direct as the EPG. Now I am trying to map channels and the list is empty.

I am not sure what an SD token is, but I have been using SD for a while on NextPVR server and all works great. Now I am trying to test emby and I get no channels to map.

I only have 2 lineups in SD and have selected epg123. Not sure what else I need to do. Do I need to select epg123 somewhere in emby? Do I need to deselect NextPVR in SD?

Basic question is, How do I get SD to work with my m3u playlists and map the channels?

Edited by dcol

The guide refresh is only @ 20% after 2.5 hours. Man is that slow. Have to try the remapping tomorrow.

Any way to speed up the remap. Maybe it's because I have 3 m3u's mapped to three XML's.

I have Schedules Direct, but don't know what to map to what line-up so I am testing with the providers xml.

im85288

Might it be related to the last post on this thread: https://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=11828&start=40 or is Emby not classed as a Commercial product. Edited by im85288

There is no reason to be concerned.

Thanks.

I use epg123, which is listed, to combine SiliconDust's PremiumTV and OTA into one xmltv but can one still get epg data directly from Schedules Direct via the Emby Server LiveTV settings?

Guide refresh was finished by morning. Probably between the three xml'x there is around 9000 channels. Now I do plan on cutting that down to under 200. There are a lot of foreign channels and I only use the US ones. I assume the refresh would be quicker.

So what my ultimate goal is, to have 3 guide entries for each of the most watched channels from my three providers. That would be maybe total 25 channels. Then another 100 channels from one of those providers for the lesser watch channels. That way I can easily switch to an alternate channel when service is poor. Probably set up a favorites guide for the 25 channels.

Edited by dcol