Sync Folders Failed. How to find out what's wrong.

jfgilliam

It might just be an incorrect label when there are zero items. If you can attach the server log we'll take a look. Thanks.

jfgilliam

I have been able to work around this issue by editing the metadata and removing the trailing spaces and dots from the title. I would like to see 2 new notifications added to tell me when an episode has been synced and one if it fails. But, please fix it so it doesn't fail if there are no unwatched episodes and I have the option turned on to only sync unwatched.

jfgilliam

Who do you feel that is the problem?

I think it is the plugin. You are apparently creating the target folder by stripping but then not stripping it to create the target path for the copy. Therefore the copy fails because the folders do not match.

Edited by jfgilliam

jfgilliam

The attach PDF above shows the log and the target folder that was created. In a nutshell

1. This folder was created on the Target machine.

...\TV\Gotham\Season 2\Rise of the Villians Damned If You Do

2. This was the target path in the log

...\TV\Gotham\Season 2\Rise of the Villains Damned If You Do...\Gotham - s02e01 Damned If You Do.mp4

3. This error is in the log because the 3 dots after the word "Do" are not in the folder name.

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'J:\jfgil\Videos \Shows\Emby Sync\TV\Gotham\Season 2\Rise of the Villains Damned If You Do...\Gotham - s02e01 Damned If You Do.mp4'