Convert a folder of images into video on a schedule

darkassassin07

darkassassin07

Hey guys, 

For quite a while I have had a really shitty wifi security camera that is only capable of uploading images to an ftp server. It's been setup to take an image when it detects motion which is then available on my emby server for select users but that works very poorly as it will only capture one image every 30sec on motion detection. The best I can do is have it take one image every 5sec continuously, then I have to deal with ~17,280 images every day.

I'm thinking the best way to deal with that would be to have those images converted into a very low fps video on a regular basis but I don't know how I could actually achieve that. I'd like to have the images converted to video every 5min or so, then once an hour combine those 5min vids into a single video. Then possibly converting the days videos onto one at midnight.

I will likely replace the camera altogether eventually, but its not a very high priority on a fairly long list, so for the time being I want to see what I can do with what I have. Anyone have any ideas to point me in the right direction?

This would be running off a windows 10 pro machine, but I also have an rpi that could deal with it if linux would be a better bet.

Thanks for reading :)

darkassassin07

Thanks,

It turns out I may be having that camera replaced for free in the next week or so so this is no longer necessary.

I may still end up attempting it just as an interesting project though.