Photo Library: Make EMBY read and display the EXIF information from the photos [planned]

HediSIX
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

As suggested by @@ebr I have split my original request to allow better monitoring of interest and progress.

The original request is here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63036-photo-library-overhaul/

If you are interested please like the post.

It would be nice to be able to display the EXIF info on top of the photo being displayed. A bit like for the movies where we could display the data such as transcoding info, video size, framerate, etc. in a transparent box.

This could contain Camera Make and model, Date photo taken, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, but also coordinates when available (which is often the case when using a smartphone), etc.

5ba24aca176e8_EXIF.jpg

Edited by HediSIX
  • Like 3

• Solution

Hi, we currently read it but we just don't display it anywhere yet. It's planned for the future. Thanks.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi, we currently read it but we just don't display it anywhere yet. It's planned for the future. Thanks.

The photos are not sorted by date (EXIF). Or am I wrong here?

I've only tested Emby briefly so far and that was my impression. 

Default sorting is by name

Thank you very much for your answer.

In a quick attempt I did not succeed in sorting the photos by creation date (Exif). In my opinion this should be the default setting because it makes the most sense (see iPhoto and other DAMs). Either that's not possible or I'm doing something wrong or haven't found the setting.  I use an AppleTV 4K as client.

A temporary solution would be to rename the file names.

I don't know Synology Photo Station. From what I've heard, it seems pretty good. But it's only for Synology NAS. I don't think the other options available are all that great. It would be nice if Emby could fill the gap. HediSIX has provided some good suggestions for improvement in several threads.

I will probably use Emby in the future. Then I will also donate to support you.

Edited by 27k
  • Like 1