Live TV seeking

Guest asrequested

Guest asrequested

This doesn't really work, in Theater desktop. I skip back a few button presses, and I seem to end up at 'live' tv. I skip again, and it freezes. I have to stop and restart. Is this supposed to work? How far should I be able to skip back? 

Guest asrequested

You should be able to seek within the visible buffer range in the OSD.

Well, that isn't working very well. I skipped back maybe a minute, and it had a bit of a freak out. I can see the temp file growing on my transcode drive, but it won't skip back through that. I figured it was under development. But it looks like it just doesn't work.

It does work just been playing with it a bit using remote one thing noticed you can click anywhere on the progress bar even way ahead if you do that the picture freezes and it starts playing again once the time reaches that point where clicked. If you click too far back it takes you where you started to watch so maybe it should be the same behaviour if you click too far in advance it doesn't let you click there so video just continues.

The only thing that is missing is the buffer on the timeline so you can see how far back you can go but it is taking you to the start. I don't use wmc with a mouse but in wmc you can hover across the timeline but it won't display anything it only displays the current time. For some reason the mouse pointer disappears when you take a screenshot. 

5ba1de27f17f5_Untitled.png

Guest asrequested

It's crappy, for me. Play for a short time, skip back, skip back, reach the beginning. Skip forward, it pauses a few seconds, then plays. Skip forward again (it should just catch up with live tv an play), picture freezes, doesn't recover. Crap! There should no pausing of any kind. It should resume playback, seamlessly, and when it catches up to live tv, it should say 'live TV' on the screen, with absolutely no pausing of any kind. This is how a standard DVR, works. Let alone having to restart playback.

Edited by Doofus

It does work as long as you stay within the buffer. It may actually cause problems if you try to seek outside of it.

Guest asrequested

You understand that it's when I skip forward, that it freezes? Skipping forward should not be able to exceed the buffer. It should just catch up, and play.