Folder Sync not deleting watched episodes

jfgilliam

jfgilliam

I setup a show to sync to a shared drive. The drives is mapped and I've verified it is working. I limited the sync to 2 shows and only unwatched. The sync went fine and copied the earliest unwatched episodes to the drive. Then I watched the first one. It shows watched on the screen. I ran the Sync Scheduled task manually and it did not delete the watched episode and copy down a new one.

Is this the expected behavior? Do I have to delete it manually from the target? The setup screen says is should do it automatically.

"Only unwatched videos will be downloaded, and videos will be removed from the device as they are watched."

I have looked at the server log, even turned on debug logging and I can see the task runs, but there's nothing in the log to indicate it is even doing anything on this second run.

Edited by jfgilliam

No you don't have to delete manually, but it's not necessarily immediate. Just be patient and give it a little time, and make sure the server has access to delete files from the target folder.

jfgilliam

No you don't have to delete manually, but it's not necessarily immediate. Just be patient and give it a little time, and make sure the server has access to delete files from the target folder.

I saw the default Scheduled Task was for every 3 hours. I changed it to once per day. But, I thought you could run any task manually anytime?

jfgilliam

Never mind, user error. I forgot which episode I watched. It actually had already synced the new one before I had a chance to check it.