Long update

Noel Grassy

Noel Grassy

Every time I update my movie library it takes a very long time because it has to run through my entire movie library which is pretty big at around 15,000 movies. Is there any way to just do a quick sync? Sometimes kodi does not pick up every movie I put into the library. I'm using kodi beta 2 and server 3.6.0.44 and plugin 3.1.17a.

sualfred

Then it should automatically sync the single new item. In that case a Kodi log is required. Please try to reproduce a missing movie and upload the log. Otherwise it's impossible to see what's going on.

• Like 1

Noel Grassy

Ok. I added 16 movies and waited about an hour, they showed up on my android devices immediately but would not show up on my windows 10 install until i restarted kodi. Tv shows seem to be adding fine.

https://paste.kodi.tv/cikojefudi

I'm going to repair my movie library to scanh in thne missing movies and I'll add new movies and see what happens.

Edited by Noel Grassy

sualfred

According to your log the movies were added.

And have you checked if the items are only missing in widgets? And have you tried a complete database reset?

Edit: The log is from before you restarted Kodi, isn't it?

@@Angelblue05

Please correct me if I missed something, but everything seems fine.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

Noel Grassy

@sualfred

Yes I checked. I reset the database and added all the libraries again. I'm repairing now and I'll try to recreate the problem if I can. Oh and the log iks from after I restarted kodi.

I figured that. After I restarted.

What is the machine where you have KODI (and obviously emby for KODI) working on? How many threads did you set in the Emby for KODI addon? Caching artwork in the process of inital sync or you didn't select such option? You have the latest Kodi Companion version server-side? Did you set Native or direct paths addon-side? Do you have path substitution enabled in the server?

Did you wipe addon settings in the process of the database reset?

The correct procedure after a database reset and the full scan would be for the addon to to run incremental syncs each time a new item gets added to the server. I have 7k movies and the addon is faster than ever. Wierd.

Edited by djhifi

Angelblue05

@@Noel Grassy

Can you access videos > Movies (the Kodi node), and see if the movies you've added appear there? Your log looks ok to me. It processed movies, if you check for add movie, the title is at the end of the line. Anything missing?

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Noel Grassy

@@Noel Grassy

Can you access videos > Movies (the Kodi node), and see if the movies you've added appear there? Your log looks ok to me. It processed movies, if you check for add movie, the title is at the end of the line. Anything missing?

I checked that. I just added five new movies so I'll post the log in a while if it updates or not. I just finished a repair and it added all the movies it missed.

Angelblue05

Nothing in your logs. Maybe it's a time issue?

On Android, requested 2018-09-18T19:44:57z

On Windows 2018-09-18T23:38:21z

Was kodi running on windows when you added the movies?

• Like 1

Noel Grassy

Yes. Kodi was running on both when I added the movies. Still nothing on windows.

Edited by Noel Grassy

Angelblue05

@@Noel Grassy

I think maybe it's something around times saved for the sync. Maybe there's a big difference enough on windows that it misses updates because it's querying ahead of the time it actually happened. I have yet to see this happen for me.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@Noel Grassy

Are you able to edit the settings.xml file for addon_data/plugin.video.emby on windows?

If so, stop kodi, then in settings.xml change the value for LastIncrementalSync to 2018-09-18T22:38:21z (one hour earlier)

Start Kodi. Any changes?

• Like 1

Noel Grassy

@@Noel Grassy

Are you able to edit the settings.xml file for addon_data/plugin.video.emby on windows?

If so, stop kodi, then in settings.xml change the value for LastIncrementalSync to 2018-09-18T22:38:21z (one hour earlier)

Start Kodi. Any changes?

Yes that worked. It added the files.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ifcegalup

Edited by Noel Grassy

Noel Grassy

Is your windows time correct? What if you compare to your server time?

My windows time is correct. I am in central time in America. Where do I find emby server time?

Edited by Noel Grassy
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Nope I don't see my logline, I think I made the mistake of placing it so it shows after the startup updates are processed. And you have a crazy amount of updates. Did you do anything on your server recently? Are you on 3.6 (sorry I don't remember)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1