Unable to play BDMV folders on 3.1.17a

shoek
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Hi,

First, thanks for developing this add-on for Kodi - it made it possible for me to switch to Emby in the first place!

I recently fired up Kodi after not using it for several weeks.  I knew I had several new movies in my library.  They did not sync, so I went to the forums and found that since I was on the beta repository channel, I had been updated to 3.1.17a and I needed to do a full database reset & sync.

After doing that, none of my BDMV rips (loose files in the Blu-ray folder structure) would play.  

I noticed that the path to the item was different in 3.1.xx vs 3.0.34

In 3.1.xx - DOES NOT PLAY

\\QNAP\Movies\Star Wars

In 3.0.34 - WORKS FINE

\\QNAP\Movies\Star Wars\BDMV\index.bdmv

I am running the latest stable version of the server and the Emby Companion

Is this a bug in the 3.1.xx version of Kodi for Emby?

Thanks,

-Steve

• Solution
Angelblue05

This api changed on server 3.6x and that's what the addon is based of off. However 3.6 has a bug with rips in regular libraries, so I wouldn't suggest upgrading yet. Stay on 3.0.34 if it's really important to have those files working.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

@@Angelblue05 great, thanks for confirming the issue.  I have turned off auto-update on my Emby for Kodi add-on and will keep it that way until Server 3.6 is released (I'm assuming they are tracking that bug and will fix it before release  ;) )

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it's been reported by myself and many others.

Is there a thread about this on Emby Server that I can monitor to track when they fix it?

• 1 month later...

This api changed on server 3.6x and that's what the addon is based of off. However 3.6 has a bug with rips in regular libraries, so I wouldn't suggest upgrading yet. Stay on 3.0.34 if it's really important to have those files working.

I was trying to find this issue reproted in the Testing forum but could not (searched for 'BDMV' and 'rips' and neither hit on it).  Can anyone confirm if this issue has been fixed in 3.6 betas yet?  I'd like to upgrade to latest Kodi but this is stopping me from upgrading my server to 3.6 beta and my clients to Kodi Leia.

Thx,

-shoek

I'm not aware of any outstanding issues.

That's great.  Do you know if I update my Emby Server to 3.6.x beta, do I have to update all my Kodi for Emby clients to the beta version as well?  Or does the latest Server still support older Clients?

I believe they'll have to update, but Angelblue05 will know better. Remember that the beta server is for testing. Thanks.

Angelblue05

That's great.  Do you know if I update my Emby Server to 3.6.x beta, do I have to update all my Kodi for Emby clients to the beta version as well?  Or does the latest Server still support older Clients?

Yes if you update 3.6 you will need to use the beta version of the add-on at this time.