MVC 3D support (MKV)

unisoft

unisoft

Does anyone know if the LG TV App can support playback of MKV/MK3D whee the metadata tag is set to MVC and the rip is done in MakeMKV with MVC and a 3D bluray disc?

If so, should the extension be MK3d or MKV and do I need to press anything on the TV or is it automatic?

I have extension as MK3D at the moment and no 3D (my OLED55C6V is 3D TV)

Edited by unisoft

unisoft

The TV does support 3D (passive) and its exceptional picture.

If a bluray 3D disc is played then yes, the 3D content can be watched in 3D.

Is playing the Blu-ray not the same as an MVC 1:1 rip (without re-encoding being done)?

I was more wondering if it was the player software inside the TV that emby uses? or do you simply present the video stream? This is the bit I am not sure about.

@@SamES will know. Thanks.

I can play this sample, but I don't know how that compares to your files.

MVC 3D MKV

Are you saying that the file plays, but without 3D content?  Unfortunately I don't have a TV with 3D support to test this.

From these posts, I don't think it's going to be possible to play 3D from the mkv container format, but the first link seems to have a method for using ffmpeg to convert to a playable 3D format. (Re: MakeMKV Rip 3D Blu-ray And See Extracted File Direct To )

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7357

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15738

I hope that helps.  Let me know if I have misunderstood your question

Edited by SamES

unisoft

Hi SamEs

I know my TV is 3D and that a blu ray rip done in MakeMKV with Blu-ray 3d disc and option for MVC was ticked. The file was not received encoded after makemkv finished ripping.

I'm not sure if I should expect the TV to go into 3d mode automatically, or have to make it?

Also confusion about whether file extension should be MKV or MK3D. I used the wiki to put the .3d.mvc part of the filename in. My understanding is the extension should be MK3D but there may be an issue with current Emby only using .mkv?

The metadata manager also tagged the file as 3D type "MVC".

Hi SamEs

I know my TV is 3D and that a blu ray rip done in MakeMKV with Blu-ray 3d disc and option for MVC was ticked. The file was not received encoded after makemkv finished ripping.

I'm not sure if I should expect the TV to go into 3d mode automatically, or have to make it?

Also confusion about whether file extension should be MKV or MK3D. I used the wiki to put the .3d.mvc part of the filename in. My understanding is the extension should be MK3D but there may be an issue with current Emby only using .mkv?

The metadata manager also tagged the file as 3D type "MVC".

Hi, I'm not sure if you read the links I provided, but from those I expect playing the MVC mkv file in 3D will not be possible regardless of the extension.

The easy way to check is to put the file on a USB drive and connect it to the TV.  Play it with the native LG player and see if you can get 3D to work.  If yes, then it should be possible and we can work on it, if not, then I would say you will have confirmed it is not possible in that format (but you could convert it manually)