3.1.17a - Android - widgets don't update

laola

using Beta2 and 5 Android clients - either with direct paths or ann-on paths. All are showing the same behaviour.

After a database sync, the widgets aren't updated at all - just when I am going directly to "most recend added" I can see the new TV episodes (it takes quite a while (some minutes) until thy database has been synced). But the widgets on the Kodi home screen are not updated - neither newly added episodes nor the already watched status.

Leaving Kodi then and doing a restart, all widgets are up to date (recent episodes are shown and also the watched status is up to date.

Attached the logs - kodi1.log is where the widgets haven't been updated and kodi.log is just after the restart of the same client where then all wigets are up to date.

Windows and OpenELEC clients are behaving normal. 

kodi.log

kodi1.log

Edited by laola

Angelblue05

You are not being patient enough. You have over 3000 updates, the refresh only happens after everything is processed. Normally you wouldn't have that many updates. Might be best to just manually update your libraries this one time. Or even reset your database to get over that hump. Did you recently update your server to 3.6? That's the only thing I can think of that would generate that many updates.

I will re-add a progress bar for large numbers of updates.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

Hi - thanks for you comment. However, I am not really sure that the only reason is that I am not patient enough. Exspecially the Music widgets (recently listned or recently added) don't get updates - even after a manual sync. of that database.

Also when I am waiting for 1h or so there wasn't any update on the widgets for music or TV shows. After a re-boot the clients did show all the updates (watch status, new episodes) immediatly, 

sualfred

Kodi widgets usually don't update themselves. Only a few. Skinners are using "Skin hacks" to trigger a container refresh. In Embuary for example I force updating the included widgets if:

- a library item has been changed

- playback has been stopped

- and every minute

So it's possible - depending on the skin you are using - that it's a fault of your Kodi setup. 

Edited by sualfred

Angelblue05

Hi - thanks for you comment. However, I am not really sure that the only reason is that I am not patient enough. Exspecially the Music widgets (recently listned or recently added) don't get updates - even after a manual sync. of that database.

Also when I am waiting for 1h or so there wasn't any update on the widgets for music or TV shows. After a re-boot the clients did show all the updates (watch status, new episodes) immediatly,

According to your log It was processing and downloading as you shut down Kodi. Check your log. You only saw updates when kodi restarted because it was not done previously and therefore didn't trigger the Kodi update video library to display the changes.

agreed - in this case I just started and ended Kodi and din't wait too long. Attached a log where I waited for several houres without doing anything. Movie/TV shows are updated but the Music section didn't show any update (neither recently played nor recently added). Btw - I am using the standard Kodi Leia skin,

However, thanks for all your efforts and hard work you are doing :-)

Log:

https://pastebin.com/Nu8gNhrJ

• Like 1

Kodi widgets usually don't update themselves. Only a few. Skinners are using "Skin hacks" to trigger a container refresh. In Embuary for example I force updating the included widgets if:

- a library item has been changed

- playback has been stopped

- and every minute

So it's possible - depending on the skin you are using - that it's a fault of your Kodi setup. 

This is true and you can even configure widgets to refresh per "home" visits. If im not mistaken, in the skin helper script from within addons section (in case the skin being used...uses it)