No Emby Connect (yet) - How to from local only?

majorsl

I'm interested in getting the Alexa skill working, I don't have any Emby Connect accounts.

Can I create a user for Emby Connect and then switch the active user to a local Emby user (per Wiki) or do they all have to be Connect account?

Thanks!

I read the wiki.  I understand that "an" Emby Connect account is required.

My question was if using an Emby Connect User, could I then (per the wiki) say, "Alexa, change user to johndoe" - that user being a local account user.  I wonder this because the wiki says: "By default, the skill will use the same Emby user used to link Alexa to Emby. But it can be changed with the following..."  If an Emby Connect account is required to link Alexa, but then you can change the Emby user, why I can't that user be local is my thinking.

If not, then I assume that each of my users need Emby Connect Accounts?  How does someone move the watched list history between a local user to an Emby Connect user?

Thanks!

Angelblue05

Emby connect is only used to provide your amazon account with your server information. So when you use Alexa, it will use the local user that is associated with Emby connect you used. Does everyone has an amazon account on your echo device?