Search TV guide

allen00se

allen00se

Is there any planse to be able to search the TV guide in the future? Would be nice for setting future recordings.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
LehighBri

I'd love this too, especially since the fall tv season is coming up and I'd love to quickly track down some of the new shows and add them as new recordings or even series recordings.  Any word from MBS devs on if this is currently being looked at or is this an enhancement that will happen farther out?

farside847

Subscribing to this thread too. I would love this option.

Off topic, is there a way for users to vote on what features are most important to them? I was thinking that this feedback would be valuable to the developers

Thanks!

Edited by farside847

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
michaeltruncale

+1

I think Windows Media Center did an excellent job on giving you good search and filter capabilities with the guide. You could get a listing of all movies, by alphabetic order, by genre, key words, titles, actors, etc, and then easily click to record it. Same idea with shows. You could go down the list pretty quickly, and it would display a brief synopsis, air date, or multiple air dates if applicable, but only show it once in the list.

Every week or two you could easily filter through the movies and shows airing and find new content to record with a lot of ease.

Right now in LiveTV it only gives the option to show me the guide and one would have to scour the guide for specific movies, shows, etc... the search bar at the top does not seem to apply to the guide and always ends up just bringing me back to my Home screen.

Also currently since we cannot search for a show to record, we basically have to find it in the guide to record it, lets say I just want to record the series and only new episodes. Well, I found, for instance The Flash which has episodes playing next Tuesday, and I click record, and under Repeating Options I choose "Record Only New Episodes", well I don't really want to record the rerun episode next week (9/15) I only want to record the series, and only "new episodes". I am able to cancel the recording under the recordings tab, but WMC had the double click feature to automatically record the series, and when you went in to choose "...only new episodes" it wouldn't record that rerun, that was just the feeler to find the show I wanted to record as a series. So, if I open a show on the guide, it would be helpful to have the option to choose "record series" right there, and not have a number of other clicks actually record the series and then cancel that recording.

Let me know if that makes sense and if you want some screenshots.

Latchmor

... the search bar at the top does not seem to apply to the guide and always ends up just bringing me back to my Home screen.

Hi, not sure which version of the server you are on (and when TV search appeared to be honest) but I can search the guide on latest dev server. I think Luke said the basic grid of results that shows just now will be improving in the future.  ;)

55efebbc5e067_Capture.jpg

• 1 month later...

It would also be helpful if you could search by station.   e.g. Search for "ESPN" and it would give you the channels containing that string, displaying whatever is on at that moment.  Direct Entry of Channel# would also be great.