Photo Slideshow duration

sonnaps

Is there any way to change the duration of images displayed when playing a slideshow?  I'd like to speed it up a little, it stays on an image a little too long in my opinion. I'm not sure if I am missing a spot in a configuration screen somehere to set that.

• 4 weeks later...

I would also like the ability to adjust the speed. If we're wish-listing things, being able to toggle shuffle on/off would also be nice. 

• 2 months later...

Please have an option to NOT auto play pictures...I never use that feature, and it is very annoying.

Are you currently having a problem now?

Anthony Reinking

No issues, I just don't like photo slideshows, I would rather manually flip through the pictures; an option to disable the autoplay would be nice, and then I can click on the play icon if I want to enable it.

Also the ability to change time between pictures in the slideshow.

BUT, my biggest issue with the web GUI right now, is that I can't use the arrow keys to navigate left and right through a picture show manually like in Google photos, KODI, etc...

Thank you for your time, I completely ditched my previous fav media application Plex, after using it for years with a Plex Pass. EMBY is finally on par and soon to be better....keep up the great work!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I agree options to control manual/automatic would be nice. We can also look at keyboard control, which we actually already have in the Emby Theater web app:

http://tv.emby.media

We can look at porting that into the built-in web app. Thanks !

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Draxis

Hey, just found out about slideshows and wondering if there are any updates to slowing down or speeding up the slide shows. Also wondering if there would be an option for a "screensaver" type of thing where a photo slideshow shows up on the tv if a movie has been paused for a certain amount of time or to have it on passively. Sorry if this has been resolved.

Hey, just found out about slideshows and wondering if there are any updates to slowing down or speeding up the slide shows. Also wondering if there would be an option for a "screensaver" type of thing where a photo slideshow shows up on the tv if a movie has been paused for a certain amount of time or to have it on passively. Sorry if this has been resolved.

Regarding settings, not yet, but it's planned for the future.

And yes, many of our apps do have photo slideshows now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
wpwoodjr

I was enjoying my new Emby server but the slideshow speed is too slow for me.  I've seen many requests for being able to change slideshow speed on these forums.  I can't understand why this feature isn't implemented, even if its just a setting in the Playback settings menu...  Its bizarre, and I see that Plex has this issue too, with people complaining for years that they can't change the slideshow speed.  So far I like Emby better than Plex with its complex setup and endless up-sell. I joined this forum just to add my voice about this.  I'm REALLY hoping you will implement this simple request.  Maybe you could even steal all these lost souls on the Plex forums away from Plex:

https://forums.plex.tv/t/change-playback-speed-on-photo-slideshow/71842/64

Draxis

Thats such an invasive work around. It blacks out all screens to view in explorer. I was talking about the windows photos APP.

• 4 months later...
jleslie48

How in heaven's name is this not an option yet?   why is it so difficult to add an entry to the number of seconds you want a picture to show, from 1  to 99999 seconds, and then maybe a 0 for put the one picture up forever.   My "TV" is a picture frame over the fireplace and for the life of me I never imagined this would  be something that wasn't done already. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 5/1/2021 at 10:41 PM, ithurtswhenipee said:

Whoa! there is a slideshow in emby?  How does one do this?

Hi there, have you tried clicking on a photo?

jleslie48
On 5/1/2021 at 10:41 PM, ithurtswhenipee said:

Whoa! there is a slideshow in emby?  How does one do this?

one does it poorly.   Its absolutely ridiculous.   I finally bought the bullet;  I got a raspberry pi, put all my pictures in a single sub-directory, and let them cycle through the pictures.   I get to set the time each picture is up to whatever I want.   

VLC player I believe also works, but I use that to cycle through about 100 hours of aquarium videos instead so my TV is always a fish tank.