Stopping forced version checks and updates

lexisdude

lexisdude

I want to know what i need to do in Theater app/directory/files to stop version checks and updates. I am running an older build of emby server and have no intention of updating it any further unless there is a huge overhaul to the way server functions. today my theater stopped functioning and is saying that my server requires updating. I tried downloading an older revision of theater and overwriting the files existing but it is still telling me that my server needs to be updated

thanks in advance

lexisdude

Luke

There has to be a way. otherwise what is the purpose for keeping system.old files, or having older revisions available? I have already managed to break the auto updater, now all i need is to find out why its showing 3.03 as the version when all of that was written over by 2.5. if i can get it back to the state it was in prior to this last update i will be golden.

Yes those parts you can stay on an older version, but that is just the video player. The UI screens are hosted remotely and those are automatically updated. The only way to stop that would be to run the app without an internet connection. 

lexisdude

i did not know that. I was under the assumption that if you were not using the connect feature, everything was handled locally .. guess i will be using ember instead. ugh

Are you talking about the horizontal layout vs vertical? Because if yes that is configurable in the app's home screen settings.

lexisdude

Luke - at this point, theater app will not load because it says that i need to update my server. so i am left with either using ember, or the web interface. i liked theaters layout but choosing between my two options now i would have to choose ember. I stopped automatic updates to emby server quite a while back because i got tired of running into instability issues and having to do library rebuilds on minor updates and platform changes. So server side i am probably a year to a year and a half behind.

Sorry what I meant is prior to that instead of going through all the trouble to prevent updates, you could have just gone into the app's settings to set things the way you wanted.