Crashes with Memory Errors

unrealized

unrealized

App seems to crash / reboot due to memory errors when scrolling through movie / tv library, or changing sorting options.  Any way to correct this?

unrealized

How do you know that it's memory related?

The TV gives an error: "this app will now restart to free up more memory".  I do not have any other apps running on the TV, it seems to happen almost immediately if i really scroll down

• 2 months later...
benjamoomin

I also get the app crash with the memory popup message. "the app will now restart to free up more memory."

When this happens to me is during playback so can be very annoying. It often (but not always) occurs during the first couple of minutes of playing something, it crashes so have to go find what I was playing and start again. The app crash can reoccur up to 5 times whilst trying to watch something.

I wonder if it's related to the scrolling through the library as I often scan quickly through the library to find what I want to watch, so perhaps the library content is still trying to load everything even when I've started playback.

TV model is LG 49UJ635V

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Crashes with Memory Errors

When I try to open the channel list on Emby App,  the the crash happened and the TV rebooted. 

Also I am not able to update the channel list. Do you have any idea on how to fix the issue?

LG webos TV uk6500

embyserver (1).txt

• 6 months later...
Gibber

I am currently using version 1.0.33 of the LG TV app and I am still getting frequent "This app will now restart to free up more memory" notifications when scrolling through picture folders.   Is this still under investigation?

14 hours ago, Gibber said:

I am currently using version 1.0.33 of the LG TV app and I am still getting frequent "This app will now restart to free up more memory" notifications when scrolling through picture folders.   Is this still under investigation?

Hi, that's odd. We currently have a new update in LG review so please let us know how that compares once available. Thanks.