Emby Live TV time shifting is broken - can't pause and rewind tv buffer to previous program

Sanya

What's the holdup? I switched over a year ago and fully moved on about six months ago, selling all my Ceton Echos.. Emby works very well, especially on my ShieldTV clients around the house.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...
frazzxr
On 9/12/2018 at 2:45 PM, Sanya said:

I've been looking into Emby as a replacement for WMC, like other people on here.

I love the media server and device support, but I'm having an issue with Live TV.

If I'm watching a program at the end, and the next program starts, if I want to rewind to the previous program, Emby still thinks I am watching the most recent program. The progress only shows for the show that is currently on, and it's impossible to tell where you are in the previous program. The progress bar does not show progress, and the time code is completely messed up.

This happens in both the browser player and on the Android TV app in the Play Store.

Here is a video demonstrating the issue:

At the beginning I try rewinding. At the end of the video I fast forward to present.

Is this a normal behavior? Or is this a known issue?

I am having this issue.  I thought it might be something new, but seems to have existed for 5 years now? 

On 8/19/2023 at 10:52 PM, frazzxr said:

I am having this issue.  I thought it might be something new, but seems to have existed for 5 years now? 

Hi, we are working on improving this. Thanks.

AKSkinz
On 8/26/2023 at 2:54 PM, Luke said:

Hi, we are working on improving this. Thanks.

I'm having the same issue and have been hearing this canned response on this issue and TVNext for years.