Emby for Kodi 3.1.11a and Direct Path Credentials

Mock
Go to solution Solved by sualfred,

Hope someone is able to help out on this one

I might have missed some important information about changes to the config. since i am not able to find anywhere to add the user credentials for use with Direct Path in Kodi. My Embycon does still have the feature. and i could see if i assign the share everybody or guest permission everything works fine.

I have tried to read the first 4 pages in the community and look through wikis and installations guides, that all point to the old 1.03 version that have credentials in the config.

Do any know if this is caused by its still in Beta?

Angelblue05

@@sualfred

That should not be needed at all. That in fact can cause Kodi to see the addon content and cause Kodi to start interfering in the database which can cause weird issues.

@@Mock

That config is gone moving forward because it caused more headaches than anything. Just navigate to your content via install from zip > smb, if Kodi prompts you for user/pass, enter them. Then Kodi should be able to playback your files. Is Kodi saying can't locate files when you try to playback?

Thanks for the info. both answers was very helpful. i was going insane not being able to figure this out.. but i worked after kodi asked for the password of the SMB. Emby also started working

• Like 1

sualfred

@@Angelblue05

My example from above is the same like your one. This only adds the path to a "known sources list" like it was with the deprecated passwords.xml. As long it's only added as path and not as Kodi content node everything is fine :)

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1