LG kind of subtitle

RRo100

Hello Luke,

I have behaved on my LG since the last version: There is a kind of subtitle that I do not see on any other Emby device or e.g. can see with VLC. I would like to provide you with a MKV (about 500MB). PM  only allows 90 MB.

greeting

This is an embedded ASS type subtitle.  It plays for me on Samsung, LG, the web client and also VLC.

Can you please tell me more about your concern?  Can you only see this on the LG app?

Thanks.  

Hello, yes this special subtitle is only shown on the LG device. It is a subtitle that I know from German TV for deaf people. It is even described in the subtitle "Music is being played now".

If you select the CC button in the web client, then select English, you will get the same subtitles you see in the LG Client

5b9b98e2058a5_ScreenShot20180914at91354p

OK, you're right. If I have switched off the subtitle on the LG, the English is still displayed.

If I turn on the english subtitle, then I have the subtitle twice on the LG.

OK, this changes things.  I guess your TV model is webos 1 or 2 (not 3 or 4). correct?  If so, it is a known issue that we are trying to resolve with these older OS versions.

• 4 weeks later...

The problem with the subtitles is very frustrating. I will then probably have to play my series with Plex, although I would have preferred Emby

• 2 months later...
Hi, you already wrote that 3 months ago.

PS: If you like you can have a look at the innovative operation of the Plex Client by bublikoff (xplay-webos). Maybe you can take some ideas

• 1 month later...