New Items not Showing

Glyde62

Angelblue05

Please people, post your Kodi log when you experience an issue, otherwise it takes a lot more time to get this resolved.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

As you see something happens, you've added a video, it didn't appear? Grab your log and post it. I'm still squashing bugs so if you reset and then it happens again, it's time wasted.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

highonascii

Can you pm ur log? Sorry I don't see how this is happening...

Sent to pm... tho I used my fresh install with version from repo... that ip still pops up in log for some reason

Angelblue05

No it should be pointing to the same address used to connect to your server. Except it starts with ws:// or wss:// instead of http/https

Edited by Angelblue05

highonascii

No it should be pointing to the same address used to connect to your server. Except it starts with ws:// or wss:// instead of http/https

oh then yeah thats 100% wrong then lol

• Like 1

Angelblue05

When I input the right info in update server credentials it doesn't connect... that may be a good place to look at maybe

yep sure is.

arrbee99

Not sure if this is worth posting, but I added 6 new movies, two new TV series and added two episodes to another TV series. Far as I can tell, the movies turned up fine, the two episodes added fine, but the new series appeared but with no episodes in them (thought they've only got 1 episodes and 2 episodes in them so far anyway). They appear but say 0 episodes watched out of 0 total.

Hope this is the right log...

kodi.log

Angelblue05

All your log shows is userdata changes, not updates or additions?

Anyway testing tv shows on my side. Adding a new tv show. I've added a few new episodes and they are all showing for me. Will keep you guys posted.

Edit: I think I found the issue (or at least for brand new tv shows). Things are being added out of order and that's why tv shows end up empty.

Edited by Angelblue05

arrbee99

All your log shows is userdata changes, not updates or additions?

Anyway testing tv shows on my side. Adding a new tv show. I've added a few new episodes and they are all showing for me. Will keep you guys posted.

Edit: I think I found the issue (or at least for brand new tv shows). Things are being added out of order and that's why tv shows end up empty.

Sorry. Forgot I restarted Kodi at some point after I added the new stuff. Maybe the attached will help (or maybe not if you've found the problem already.

kodi.old.log

Noel Grassy

Check in the database folder to make sure it's not readded the MyVideos107 again it should be 112. Mine had and the movies showed up after I deleted it. Or at least some of the movies showed up that I had recently added. No change with tv though. The artwork for the movies isn't showing up yet either.

https://paste.kodi.tv/yigocejota

Edited by Noel Grassy

highonascii

Check in the database folder to make sure it's not readded the MyVideos107 again it should be 112. Mine had and the movies showed up after I deleted it. Or at least some of the movies showed up that I had recently added. No change with tv though. The artwork for the movies isn't showing up yet either.

https://paste.kodi.tv/yigocejota

What server version are you using? I get both new tv and movies after restarting kodi, but just not auto done while kodi is running like it did before

• Like 1

Noel Grassy

What server version are you using? I get both new tv and movies after restarting kodi, but just not auto done while kodi is running like it did before

3.6.0.42. I ended up repairing tv shows and that seems to have worked although i have not added any new episodes yet.

Edited by Noel Grassy

highonascii

3.6.0.42. I ended up repairing tv shows and that seems to have worked although i have not added any new episodes yet.

Yeah that was needed for the 3.1.13a update 

• Like 1

Noel Grassy

I can only add new episodes by bringing up the context menu on a show and then scanning for new content.

Edited by Noel Grassy

Angelblue05

I found a bug in update libraries, which I will correct.

@@Noel Grassy

I've yet to replicate new episodes missing. Did the show exists in Kodi when those episodes were added? Were episodes added during that Kodi log you posted?

• Like 1

Noel Grassy

The shows that existed already are the only ones I can add. I have to bring up the context menu on the show in kodi library to select scan for new content. As soon as I finish the movies repair I am doing now I will try to add both movies and tv shows and post the log. Unless it starts working again. There were no episodes that showed up in kodi but some were added to emby server.

Edited by Noel Grassy
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Keep me posted because I did push an update yesterday that should correct that behavior. There was an issue when episodes were added before the show was created, that is what I corrected. Now the tv show should be created as the episode is added.

• Like 1

arrbee99

Updated to .14a. Just wondering is there a command floating round somewhere in Kodi to fix those missing episodes somehow (the new series it added with 0 episodes in)

highonascii

There was a bug in the update library function. 

Here is a temp build that fixes it. I am still fixing some other stuff right now.

Just install this, update the library should do the trick.

Installing now...

Noel Grassy

Keep me posted because I did push an update yesterday that should correct that behavior. There was an issue when episodes were added before the show was created, that is what I corrected. Now the tv show should be created as the episode is added.

Will do.

arrbee99

Think I installed it OK, said it was updated anyway.

If you mean this Update Library...

5b9c4d597569c_EmbyKodiAddingEpisodes.jpg

It doesn't add the episodes to the series, it just makes the (empty) series disappear, thought the series comes back again if I back out of the list of series and go back in again - its still got no episodes though.

Course considering what I know about Kodi I might be doing something really basic wrong...

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@arrbee99 No absolutely not that.

Launch the emby addon, that's where all the options are.

You either have the option of Update libraries and selecting the library you want, or open the context menu on the library you want > Update library.