Emby using Synology NAS to only store the movies - permission denied?

sector327

sector327

Any ideas on a NAS config?

I have my movies hosted on the Synology NAS, I'm using autofs to automount the directories and its working well (the part of automounting on access need) when I check the mount point from the server. BUT....the emby server program doesn't seem to have the right permissions. I'm wondering how to handle this as normally I would use the user permissions to handle if someone could touch things on the NAS but in this case, we're talking about a service. I'll paste the part of my log showing that its the permissions but I guess this isn't an "emby problem" but more of a "nas permission problem".   (emby media server is running on a Fedora 28 box and accessing the library hosted on the Synology NAS.)

I guess I'm hoping that someone else is doing the same and might see this. 

Log:

2018-09-10 19:07:03.351 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /media/synology/tv
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.5.2.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-rpm_{version}_x86_64.rpm
	Operating system: Unix 4.17.19.200
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/media/synology/tv' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException
	No Stack Trace Available
	InnerException: System.IO.IOException
	System.IO.IOException: Permission denied

2018-09-10 19:07:03.351 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /media/synology/movies
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.5.2.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-rpm_{version}_x86_64.rpm
	Operating system: Unix 4.17.19.200
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/media/synology/movies' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException
	No Stack Trace Available
	InnerException: System.IO.IOException
	System.IO.IOException: Permission denied

sector327

ok. a solution (might be correct, might not but it works and my server is on a homelan behind a firewall) is to set the entire media folders (/media/synology/movies for example in my case) on the server to owner and group as emby. On the Nas itself, I set the advanced share permissions to rw for the user emby (& guest as well although I dont think the guest pertains here)

Edited by sector327