Chromecast not playing certain files

lynchmob

lynchmob

Currently running 3.6.0.39 although wife informs me this was happening on 3.6.0.2.

Problem exists when casting certain recorded .ts files to chromecast. The problem files just show the splashscreen for the program but then lock up. Other similar .ts files work perfectly.

The only consistency I can find is those with MP2 codec work and those with AC3 do not.

I have included logfile and transcode for two programs - Doc Martin works, Home and Away does not.

I have a chromecast and a Sony TV with inbuilt chromecast, different mobile phones, different wireless networks, Tried with harware transcoding on and off. All results consistent

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-remux-bf3a4b97-baa0-4970-b85e-a99d23ac4b3d.txt

ffmpeg-remux-e84f1d65-8eab-421e-851a-92881e39f861.txt

lynchmob

I'm assuming you mean the Playback/Streaming setting. This has always been null, I tried various settings down to 0.25 with the same result.

Have been recording this show for my wife for some years now, apparently it stopped working so she just watched on her phone, so I can't tell you exactly when things changed.

• 3 weeks later...
lynchmob

Can you give me some hints at what i'm looking for in the log - how do i know it's a full or partial transcode.

It doesn't appear that way. it's still requesting a much higher bitrate. Are you sure you configured the chromecast quality setting?

lynchmob

Yes 144p is the lowest on my mobile. Anything else I should try?

Edited by lynchmob

That is the video player, and that is only for local playback on the android device. I mean going into app settings.

lynchmob

No, as far as I know the Chromecast automatically connects at the highest possible rate on the HDMI port of the device. Please send me instructions if you know how to change this.

What I have done is change the Home and Away clip to MP2 audio stream and this works, as I suspected from my initial report.

I have also set up another test server and found an old copy of 3.4.1.14 and this also has the problem, so something has changed maybe with a release of Chromecast.

Nothing has changed in my current network and while I don't use Chromecast, I can remember the wife watching stuff ok around the July early August time-frame.

I have taken excerpts of the files and put them here https://jmp.sh/ySi3HEV if this helps.