Access your Emby Playlists in kodi

abescalamis

abescalamis

First you need to have a playlist library, if you don't have it, the following won't work.

Emby automatically creates a playlist library, but if you deleted like I did, you could just move all of your playlists out, restart the Emby server, then add the playlists back, then create a movie playlist.

After doing the above use an Emby client app, not kodi, and see if you have a "Playlits" library in your home screen, once you have the playlists library, go to Kodi and do the following.

1) Kodi settings, then skin settings, edit menu configuration. Once there click at the +.

2) give the path, which is, addon--video---Emby--playlists.

That should let you access your Emby playlists movie and music.

What doesn't work:

1) The order of the playlist items is different than the one from Emby.

2) It doesn't play the next item automatically.

thank blueangel for the update, this was not possible until now that he updated the plugin.

Edited by abescalamis

Angelblue05

1 - How is it different?

2 - Since it's a plugin listing, there's no play next (I'm still looking for a solution). For now, what you can do is open the context menu on the first item and then play from here (I think). Let me know

abescalamis

1 - How is it different?

2 - Since it's a plugin listing, there's no play next (I'm still looking for a solution). For now, what you can do is open the context menu on the first item and then play from here (I think). Let me know

1) For testing I created a movie playlist and Added

Example:

Emby client

- 2fast 2 furious

- 2 Guns

Kodi client:

- 2 Guns

- Fast and Furious collection - folder

The above happens if you add a movie that is part of the collection, let me know if you want screenshots

2) I just did what you suggested and it works, thanks.

Edited by abescalamis

abescalamis

Playlist from an Emby client:

5b958fa28bc4a_Screenshot_20180909141709_

Playlist from Kodi (it looks like Kodi sorts it by alfabetic order and ignores the server order).

5b958fc11de33_IMG_20180909_141921.jpg

Edited by abescalamis