Can't add or upate any library on android

Noel Grassy

Noel Grassy

Kodi shut itself off. This has always happened to me when trying to update on android devices. That's why I use backups on those devices and just let them do small incremental syncs.

Noel Grassy

Will the log still record the problem if it shuts itself off? I'll turn it on again start a scan and wait until it happens again.

Angelblue05

It would at least give me an idea where the issue might lie, but if you don't have the log anymore... then don't worry about it I guess? It's a long process. Mostly, what I was wondering is if it's crashing because the device is running out of memory...

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

While this is going, go to Kodi settings > System information, it should display the memory usage, let me know if it gets high.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Noel Grassy

I will now. The weird thing is, library is totally populated but if i go to add library they all still need to be scanned and it asks me to resume sync every restart.

Angelblue05

Yea because it's crashing out of the blue, so it fails to write the information where we left off. Ok I will have to make a few adjustments...Give me some time (eating).

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Noel Grassy

It's also painfully slow to sync on the firetv devices which is why I prefer taking a backup and pasting it into every devic from one place.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I get it... well it's up to you if you want to retry or just wait until I restore backup... I'll still make some adjustments regardless.

• Like 1