Locked Out

gyrene2083

gyrene2083

Good Morning All, 

So, I just need confirmation of something dumb that I did, and possibly a fix after you all stop laughing at me. I have a Synology DS916+ and I installed Emby. in the Advanced -> Hosting section, I installed my friends external IP, and now when I log in to Emby X.X.X.X:8920 I get a forbidden error message now..

Was I supposed to add my IP address there too? If so, now that I can't log into it how can I fix it? 

Secondary issue, I know the default port is 8096, but changed it to 8920, but every time I open Emby from Synology, it fails and I have to change the port. Is there .cfg file I need to change to reflect the port change? If so how would I get to that one, on Synology?

Any, help would be greatly appreciated. 

I installed Emby. in the Advanced -> Hosting section, I installed my friends external IP

Hi, what were you trying to accomplish here?

gyrene2083

I think honestly at this point you may as well just uninstall then reinstall.

Before I go crazy uninstalling, would going to my friends house with that IP, help me? 

Hi, what were you trying to accomplish here?

I misunderstood and thought that if I put my friends IP that it would create a more secure connection, instead I believe since I put his IP address and left mine out, that I locked myself out of the server, because when I try to log in, I get a Forbidden Error Page now. 

gyrene2083

Try and see if you can access using the internal network address.

Below is what I get with the internal address...I suppose I am going to have to go to my friends house login to synology from his house and see if I can get into Emby from there. Unless, there is another way, I'm trying to avoid reinstallation. 

5b95c7afb9b05_ScreenShot20180909at212321

Happy2Play

And what happens if you use localip:8096?

Edited by Happy2Play

gyrene2083

Thank you for the help. 

I changed all the ports before i stupidly put my friends IP Address to 8920, I'm thinking that's why I got this error. 

5b95d73c4e00b_ScreenShot20180909at222624

gyrene2083

Roger that Luke, thanks for all your support. I'm going to try to square this away later on in the week, that is when I will be able to get out there.