Display "Sort option" instead of Year when using sorting option

Guest Normal

Guest Normal

Let's say I've opened up my library. Then I use the Sort option. Whatever which sort option, doesn't matter.

It would be MORE than nice to see the meta data for the choosen sort option below the movie instead of the year.

When using a sort option I'm interessted in thge sort option and not at ll in the year of the movie.

Would be nice to have that in the next update because it's some kind of fundamental for such kind of a software and for usability.

An intersting addition to sort, however I DO want to know the year of the movie. I would say add the line for the meta data information. Also as the file structure is "Title(year).format" isn't that how the movie would have to be displayed?

Guest Normal

I would say add the line for the meta data information

Maybe an option (per profile) would be the best solution.

But Metadata (f or the choosen sort option) + year on the line below would be good too.

Better than the one currently.

The current implementation makes the sort option some kind of useless because we don't see what's being sorted. We can guess only.

The way Plex is handling this is perfect.

Edited by Normal

Okay, I see what you are saying now! Sorry not enough coffee this morning. Currently the display for IMDB Ratings shows the movies sorted by rating but not the rating information. GOT IT! Yes I agree that the rating/score information should be showing after the title, especially since that is what you are sorting on. That information should show up next to or under the title.

Edited by Beav

Guest Normal

Okay, I see what you are saying now! Sorry not enough coffee this morning

No it's my fault. my english is very bad and I am not really able to explain difficult things.

Not only the rating.

Everything.

When I sort by "date (year of the movie)", I want to see the date (currently it's displaying the date of the movie) so it's correct.

When I sort by "added" I want to see the date when I added the movie below the poster, NOT the release year of the movie.

When I sort by "duration" I want to see the duration and also NOT the release year of the movie.

Currently, by whatever you sort, you see the release year of the movie and this is not user-friendly.

This makes the sort option useless. It's sorting correctly and such but it's only showing half of the needed information back to the user.

It's showing the sort order - but nothing else. And when sorting by duration by example me, the user, wants to see that information too.

Edited by Normal

yes, the information sorted on shoud be displayed after the title. But remember the title includes the year of the movie. So what you are looking for is something like: 5b954e7dc2d1b_tempsnip.png

• 1 year later...
ricardonr

Hi,

There's a new release of emby and this option was not implemented.

Are there plans to do it? I believe that would be step up for the program.

Thanks

Edited by ricardonr

Well it's hard to do when we allow you to select the fields to display so we'd have to ignore those settings.

ricardonr

Hi Luke,

I'm sorry for the question, but I'm new to emby.

How can we select those fields to appear (at least ratings)? I only see Title and Year to choose from.

Thanks

ricardonr

Ok, thanks.

I think it's a very pertinent issue since if we sort the movies we can easily see the sorting criteria instead of opening every movie to see.

I got the idea from plex, and I think it make a lot of sense, but if it's hard to implement and you plan on giving us the option to show that field, I think I can live with it :)

Thanks

movievault

+1 for this feature. If we’re sorting by rating we want to display each rating on the list, or whatever field you’re sorting. Plex does this very nicely. It would be a logic fix.

• 1 year later...
GloverEggs

Also +1 for this.  I was searching for the idea before I posted the idea myself.  The media title should stay the same with every sort, but the subfield or secondary data shown should be the item that was the basis for the sort.

Thanks!

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, GloverEggs said:

Also +1 for this.  I was searching for the idea before I posted the idea myself.  The media title should stay the same with every sort, but the subfield or secondary data shown should be the item that was the basis for the sort.

Thanks!

As mentioned the would defeat the purpose of the Show Fields options always displayed.

image.png.872faff1ef11b2aacd0005589b9de57c.png

image.thumb.png.f99efd7d4abf768f77610d28d8e8b489.png

image.thumb.png.f125f70e3008833cd09ca3fb9733fb50.png

GloverEggs

Some of the items are there, yes.  But you can sort on 

image.png.b5181162e1bafa6995b43c303fc687aa.png      But you can only show ratings, title, and year.  You can't see the other sort items.