Mdrodge

I'm stuck in a loop

I load kodi and it says

Emby for Kodi

Kodi will now restart to apply a small patch for your kodi version

Then it exits

Open it again and it's the same.

Kodi is 17.6 i think (up to date)

Emby is up to date (i don't think it's beta but can't remember %100)

I have a backup but i think as soon as i deploy the backup it will catch this update and break.

Angelblue05

I've bumped the patch a few times to fix things. To test, addon settings > advanced > check for updates.

Does it post the message again? Note I just posted an addon update to fix playback progress, so you should check for that too.

Edited by Angelblue05

Fernando

I've bumped the patch a few times to fix things. To test, addon settings > advanced > check for updates.

Does it post the message again? Note I just posted an addon update to fix playback progress, so you should check for that too.

I can't see the Check for Update option, only a black bar with no text (I'm on Titan skin) between "Generate a new device ID" and "Find more info..." but if I select it and press enter there after a few seconds the message "A patch..." appears again and then "No updates availables" I'm on 3.1.08a. Restarted Kodi but the message still there.

Edited by Fernando
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Thanks for letting me know the string is blank. I will correct that. Can you restart again now? I think I found the issue. I just fixed it.

Angelblue05

Ok trying one more thing here. Can you restart again? Hopefully this time it works out :) It will appear one more time and then stop. So restart twice to confirm.

Edited by Angelblue05

Fernando

Ok trying one more thing here. Can you restart again? Hopefully this time it works out :) It will appear one more time and then stop. So restart twice to confirm.

Yeah ... Now it works. Just welcome message appear, not "A patch..." Thanks! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
nilsman

I've got this on my Shield Android TV. First time I got the message Kodi froze. Had to unplug the Shield to get it started again. Now I get the message "Kodi will now restart to apply a small patch for your kodi version." every time I start Kodi. The only option is OK which obviously closes Kodi. The message appears again directly after starting Kodi so I cannot access anything or even disable the Emby plugin...

Angelblue05

Thanks for reporting your issue. I thought I had resolved this. Can you provide your Kodi log so I can see why this is not working? Thank you.

Another user had that issue, as if Kodi couldn't see the cache folder. When they reinstalled Kodi it was then working fine.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Angelblue05

I fixed the loop just now by adding an additional verification. Hopefully that never happens again, that will allow you to move beyond that constant restart. But that won't fix your issue because it will not work with your Kodi version.

I will post the build right now.

Angelblue05

@@nilsman

I have posted 3.1.28 with a fix for the loop.Apologies for this inconvenience. Keep me posted because I'd like to fully resolve your scenario.

Angelblue05

@@nilsman

This behavior is completely resolved with 3.1.31.

I've moved the patching location to addon_data, so it should be good to go moving forward.

Edited by Angelblue05

The problem has now appeared on my RPi3 system, after trying to downgrade to a more stable version of Emby. It's just looping, nowhere to go.

Managed to fix it by quickly disabling Emby upon reboot, then upgrading again. Not what I wanted but beats having to reinstall the system.