Problem syncing music Library

Noel Grassy
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Noel Grassy

I'm using the latest beta addon(3.1.05a) and kodi beta 1 and the beta emby server(3.6.0.38) and i'm having trouble syncing music. Also if I try to sync music videos it just tries to sync music instead. I get a "Music library needs to rescan tags from files. Would you like to scan now?" message if I try to enter the music library at all.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ecadupexek

Noel Grassy

Can you check for updates once again. Sorry there was a typo in there, I've just posted the fix.

When I go to add library and check music it scans music then music videos then starts scanning my movies again even though I only checked music. Actually it scans music, music videos, boxsets, music again then starts on movies.

Noel Grassy

Yes. I have a huge library so ikt's taking a minute tol get to movies. Can I capture the log as it starts syncing movies or do I have to wait until it finishes? If I wait it will probably be a couple hours.

Angelblue05

I'm trying to determine if it's a one off thing because of the silly typo from earlier... And perhaps it caused libraries to be added twice to the syncing queue.

• Like 1

Noel Grassy

I'm trying to determine if it's a one off thing because of the silly typo from earlier... And perhaps it caused libraries to be added twice to the syncing queue.

So i should capture the log now or after? It just started syncing movies.

Angelblue05

It can wait after. All I wanted to see was the action of you selecting to sync music.

For now, if you can check in the Kodi folder/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby/sync.json

That contains what should be synced.

Can you look at the file (open notepad or whatever), check the Libraries section. Are there duplicates or is it empty?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

What I think you can do is shut down Kodi. Since you triggered the sync, it should not offer to resume the sync upon restart. Let me know.

• Like 1

Noel Grassy

It can wait after. All I wanted to see was the action of you selecting to sync music.

For now, if you can check in the Kodi folder/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby/sync.json

That contains what should be synced.

Can you look at the file (open notepad or whatever), check the Libraries section. Are there duplicates or is it empty?

"Libraries": [

"7e64e319657a9516ec78490da03edccb",

"9713ca41539b6bcc9215a8bbed2b1b32",

"Boxsets:",

"Boxsets:Refresh",

"7e64e319657a9516ec78490da03edccb",

"f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805"

• Like 1

• Solution
Angelblue05

Yep, a bunch of duplicates. I wonder how that happened. Can you do the following for test?

Shut down Kodi.

Remove everything from Libraries so that it's like "Libraries": [], save the file. 

Start Kodi.

Then try to sync movies (launch the add-on > on the movies library open the context menu > remove), then via Add libraries, select the movie library to sync and let me know if the sync.json file contains duplicates?

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

And if you say yes? Nothing happens? Make sure you shut down kodi first before editing the sync.json file (it's possible it rewrote the libraries to the file otherwise)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Then you are able to select your movies library right? I just want to make sure it doesn't add duplicates to the sync.json again.

If I had to guess it's the errors earlier that caused the libraries to be added multiple times.

• Like 1

Noel Grassy

Yep, a bunch of duplicates. I wonder how that happened. Can you do the following for test?

Shut down Kodi.

Remove everything from Libraries so that it's like "Libraries": [], save the file. 

Start Kodi.

Then try to sync movies (launch the add-on > on the movies library open the context menu > remove), then via Add libraries, select the movie library to sync and let me know if the sync.json file contains duplicates?

I don't know where remove is on the context menu.

Angelblue05

No problem (I will eventually update the wiki for that information)

Launch the emby add-on. It should show you your movies library right? Open the context menu on the library then Remove library from Kodi. If it says Sync library to Kodi only, It would mean your library is not synced to Kodi. If that is the case, then just go to Add libraries and select your movies library. Let me know.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Ok so no duplicates. That's good then. So there's no issue other than that one off thing because of the errors you posted earlier.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Noel Grassy

No problem (I will eventually update the wiki for that information)

Launch the emby add-on. It should show you your movies library right? Open the context menu on the library then Remove library from Kodi. If it says Sync library to Kodi only, It would mean your library is not synced to Kodi. If that is the case, then just go to Add libraries and select your movies library. Let me know.

I open the addon, I go to Movies. There is listed inside: Movies, Recently added movies, in progress movies, unwatched movies, sets, genres, random items and recommended items. Nothing else.