Emby for Kodi 3.1.05a

loomes
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

abescalamis

I think you misunderstood what I meant, the things I reported are not related to each other.

Issue 1) If you choose to sort by date added, it doesn't work at all, this is a music issue only, for movies it works perfect.

Issue 2) artists, albums and songs are not empty, it's just that when I installed 3.1.01, when I would access the music library from inside the add-on, it will display the music like in a folder view and I was able to see the playlist created in emby, I cannot longer access the playlists from emby, only the ones from kodi.

Edited by abescalamis

Angelblue05

1- Does it apply to all music types? Albums, Artists and songs? I don't seem to have that issue is why I'm asking.

2- Are you referring to when the music library wasn't synced? Launch the addon as music add-on, then open the context menu on music > Remove library from Kodi. Then access music, is that what you are talking about?

abescalamis

For issue 1, yes, it applies to all, albums, artists and songs, using sorted by date doesn't work.

For issue 2, Let me explain this a bit more, 3.1.06 works good, I see the music library in the main window (Home), I can access everything, and everything works (except for the sort by date). But I wanted to access and played my "Emby" music playlist not Kodi playlist, so I went to add-ons--music addons--Emby for Kodi, and when I enter to my music library by doing that, I cannot access the "Emby" music playlist anymore, it's like in the screenshot, if I go down a select playlists it shows me the Kodi playlists.

But when I had installed 3.1.01-02, the only issue I had was that it would ask me to scan for tags, and if I would go to add-ons--music addons--Emby for Kodi, I would see my library like in a Folder view, and my Emby music playlist was there.

Angelblue05

For issue one, can you confirm your date added in Emby are not identical or some weird scenario?

for issue 2, heh, I still don't get it I think. Let me ask you this. You have a playlist provided by Emby. But right now, it's pointing directly to library://music/ when it should be pointing to what?

Edited by Angelblue05

abescalamis

For issue 1, sorted by date for music has never worked, is just that you mentioned that you will fix it with the update, the order for date added in Kodi is the same as of before you updated the add-on.

For issue 2, to make it simple, you wrote in the description of the update that playlists are now supported, it worked with 3.1.01-02, but it doesn't work in 3.1.06

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok yes, I remember now. Fixing issue 1 right now. Thank you for your patience :)

But that's what I don't get see, I haven't changed anything regarding libraries except for audiobooks and books type.

Is it maybe under video addons when it should be under music?

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@abescalamis

Regarding issue 1- I don't think date added is broken. I've checked the database and it's filled correctly. I read up on the database  info and it says that date added only refers to the date of the newest song under that album and the newest song under that artist. So date added is fully based on the date of your songs. Please check your songs in the web app > 3 dots > edit metadata.

Do they all have the same date? Because that would explain why you think it's never worked...

Home2008

Hi, leider ist mein Englisch schlecht, ich versuche es auf deutsch!

Auf Shield TH Update auf 3.1.08a, Kodi dB Reset. Neustart, und in Kodi sind keine Filme TV Shows mehr. Synchronisation ist nicht möglich.

• Like 1

@@Angelblue05

Found another Bug with strm files. Its only cosmetic, the stream runs fine.

P.S. Sorry forget version info: .08a

10:39:45.642 T:176467457264  NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: plugin://plugin.video.emby.tvshows/ec8fcdee48fbbd46b2fb02a855124114/?dbid=131&mode=play&id=9ff9653820609efb54cd7c7798cdad2e&filename=s1e2.strm
10:39:45.649 T:177005495536  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
10:39:45.732 T:177005495536   ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Key system request: com.widevine.alpha
10:39:45.766 T:176649626864   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/player.py", line 87, in onPlayBackStarted
                                                self.set_item(current_file, item)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/player.py", line 115, in set_item
                                                item['Runtime'] = int(item['Runtime'])
                                            TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
10:39:45.767 T:176649626864  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.actions ->  [ play ] kodi_id: 131 media: episode
10:39:48.666 T:177005495536  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
Edited by loomes
  • Like 1

I have manually add the german translation. There are a Problem in code with german Umlaut "äöü".

11:33:29.031 T:176650265840   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xfc' in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/service.py", line 44, in <module>
                                                session = Service()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/entrypoint/service.py", line 68, in __init__
                                                Views().get_nodes()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/views.py", line 205, in get_nodes
                                                self.window_nodes()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/views.py", line 647, in window_nodes
                                                self.window_node(index, view, *node)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/views.py", line 700, in window_node
                                                window('%s.title' % window_prop, str(node_label) or view['Name'])
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xfc' in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)

When i exchange all "äüö" with "ae" "ue" "oe" the language file works.

• Like 1

With actual Version, another one, i think is not the last one.

17:21:18.401 T:176649704688  NOTICE: EMBY.database -> ERROR:: type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'> value: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
17:21:18.418 T:176649704688   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/service.py", line 44, in <module>
                                                session = Service()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/entrypoint/service.py", line 69, in __init__
                                                Views().get_nodes()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/views.py", line 194, in get_nodes
                                                self.add_nodes(node_path, view)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/views.py", line 250, in add_nodes
                                                self.node(folder, view)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/views.py", line 331, in node
                                                self.add_node(NODES[view['Media']].index(node), file, view, xml_name, xml_label)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/views.py", line 376, in add_node
                                                write_xml(etree.tostring(xml, 'UTF-8'), file)
                                              File "/opt/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-21-debug/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1126, in tostring
                                              File "/opt/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-21-debug/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 820, in write
                                              File "/opt/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-21-debug/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 939, in _serialize_xml
                                              File "/opt/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-21-debug/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 937, in _serialize_xml
                                              File "/opt/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-21-debug/lib/python2.7/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1073, in _escape_cdata
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)