kodi album merge error

quickmic

Angelblue05

@@laola

The latest version for Emby for Kodi is always definitely available via http://kodi.emby.media in the public testing folder.

Since you install from github, I suggest you look at your installed addons to make sure you don't have two duplicated version. Github names the folder inside the zip differently to just plugin.video.emby and that causes Kodi to treat it as a brand new addon. So that's something you'll have to check out for.

Use version 3.1.11a to fix the error.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

@@quickmic

I know where the error is located, however trying to find a solution. I think I will need to add quick artist verification to make sure that if the artist doesn't match, we create a new album. The error right now is that your albums have no musicbrainzid and it's forcing the addon to look up for albums based on name and that is why we get that result.

Edited by Angelblue05

@@laola

The latest version for Emby for Kodi is always definitely available via http://kodi.emby.media in the public testing folder.

Since you install from github, I suggest you look at your installed addons to make sure you don't have two duplicated version. Github names the folder inside the zip differently to just plugin.video.emby and that causes Kodi to treat it as a brand new addon. So that's something you'll have to check out for.

Use version 3.1.11a to fix the error.

Thanks again :-)

• Like 1

quickmic

@@Angelblue05

That would explain the behavior. imho the music-sync procedure should be based on the premise that Artist and Title is obligated, the rest is optional.

• Like 1

quickmic

I haven't tried with full sync, just around 20%. Anyway, it looks good now :)

I will report again after a full synchronization.

• Like 1

quickmic

Still not fully synced yet, but I tested with couple of songs and album/no album -> no info.

It looks perfect :)

I think you can tag it as solved. In the unlikely event I find an issue, we can reopen it.

Thank you for helping me out, you're the best!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...