Emby can’t find player

obooij

Hey there,

I have Emby on my fire tv with Alexa connected to it but if I ask Alexa pause or play it works on emby. If I start an emby home session it says it can’t find any players so I basically can’t use the skill, it’s weird. Anyone else having a problem or a way to fix this?

Angelblue05

Check the remote control in the webapp (connected remotely, not local) with the same Emby user you are using in Alexa. Does it list any players?

Check the remote control in the webapp (connected remotely, not local) with the same Emby user you are using in Alexa. Does it list any players?

Angelblue05

@@obooij

I've checked the logs and your server returned no players in the response. I don't see any errors. Do you still have your emby log from that time?

@@obooij

I've checked the logs and your server returned no players in the response. I don't see any errors. Do you still have your emby log from that time?

No I don’t, it’s weird because it reads the server fine it says some of the movies it can play and pause on the fire tv. But if I say echo ask mb home play .... it says it can only find my iPhone as a player

Angelblue05

Did you try just now? I will recheck the logs again to see why it doesn't see fire tv when you are ready to play stuff.

Did you try just now? I will recheck the logs again to see why it doesn't see fire tv when you are ready to play stuff.

Yes I just tried it, no players.