How to Force User to Log Out

TheBrainninja

TheBrainninja

Hey all,

I have an uncomfortable social situation I'd like to avoid passively, if possible. My partner logged into her Emby Connect account on her old roommate's Xbox, so she could access my server while she lived there; she's moved out and isn't on the best of terms with them now, and I'd prefer to disconnect her account from that Xbox without contacting the roommate directly. I've reset her password on the server, but it isn't forcing her to sign back in when she launches the app on devices she controls. I've restricted devices that have access to the server, but that also isn't ideal as the device list doesn't seem to list every device the account has connected from - it requires some babysitting to enable/disable the devices I want/don't want to connect.

I realize this is more of a social problem than a technical one, but it would make my life a lot easier if I could solve it technically; is there some way to force her account to simply re-authenticate before it can access my server? She says she's reset her Emby Connect password already, and I've searched around to see if someone's addressed this before.

Thanks in advance.

Hi.  If you disable her account from the users dashboard, then I believe it will invalidate all current access tokens.  Then you can re-enable it which will force a new login/connect.

Deleting their device will immediately sign them out, but they will be able to sign back in. If you want to make it permanent, then do as Ebr said or remove the user entirely.

NomadCF

Either option will not stop someone currently streaming. Your best bet to block the IP address of that person if possible & disable/delete the account.

dynamic addressing isn't as dynamic as it used to be. Most ISP's now continue to serve you the same IP unless your device (modem,router,etc) has been disconnected form them than X time.