Fetch rotten tomatoes from Emby instead of Kodi plugin (second try :-) )

horstepipe

horstepipe

Hey

I'm not sure why this topic was closed, guess because of inactivity:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56817-fetch-rotten-tomatoes-from-emby-instead-of-kodi-plugin/

As you @@Angelblue05 and @@Luke are currently working on new server and client versions, maybe you could look into this request again?

@@sualfred for sure I'd love to see this working in your skin :-)

Best regards

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

Some more info:

Currently, if you want to make this info available in Kodi/Embuary, you need to have an omdb api key (costs 1$/month) and set it up in the metadatautils kodi addon.

This basically works fine, but it would be much smarter to get this info from Emby server, too.

sualfred

Kodi has support for additional ratings since Krypton. The main problem is, that these values will only work INSIDE of the info dialog (if the skin supports it). So it's pretty much useless to sync them. No way to display them in widgets, library views, player, etc. 

Edited by sualfred

horstepipe

Kodi has support for additional ratings since Krypton. The main problem is, that these values will only work INSIDE of the info dialog (if the skin supports it). So it's pretty much useless to sync them. No way to display them in widgets, library views, player, etc. 

I do see those ratings with your skin inside of the info dialogie AND library views, only in widgets it doesn't work. So this is a torelable restriction in my opinion.

horstepipe

Especially when you browse your movies in the movie library to see what to watch next, this is a very useful information.

horstepipe

@@sualfred

If you still think this wouldn't make sense, let me ask for an opposite feature :-)

Rotten tomatoes and (I think this it is) metacritic ratings are being fetched on demand by Kodi (metadatautils addon). But the main/normal rating (omdb) is being fetched by the Emby server.

So if an addon is being used anyway to fetch ratings, would it be possible to fetch the omdb rating by metadatautils, too? This way you'd have more up-to-date ratings without the need to refresh them in Emby server :-)

Edited by horstepipe

sualfred

What you are seeing is a window property form the skin helper script. Not a notive Kodi info value

Edit:

So believe me, it won't will work if it's synced to the Kodi DB. Complete different thing.

Edited by sualfred

• 1 month later...

Okay I believe you :-)

Is my second request possible?

I've already requested this feature on my favorite skin (Bello) for it's next iteration. Right now it would be the best solution, not actually linking it to Emby server or plugin. Just ask the developer of your skin.