This might seem like a little thing, but it's huge for people like me who use media controls on their desktop keyboard (Play/Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute, etc) all day long while they work to pause music playback when the phone rings, resume playback, quickly increase or decrease volume, skip tracks, etc. I do these all day long probably a hundred times a day.
My keyboard media controls sort of work with Emby Theater in Windows 7, but not completely. Here's what I've observed:
- The volume control (up, down, mute) seems to work flawlessly.
- Play/Pause button works, but only when Emby Theater is Windows currently "focused" window (meaning on top). The is the biggest thing as it defeats the purpose of quick-access media buttons on your keyboard if you have to find the Emby Theater window first and bring it to the foreground before you can then pause or play or stop.
- Stop works, but only when Emby Theater is the focus window, like the Play/Pause.
- Next Track does the same thing as Stop, kicking me out of the playlist or whatever I'm currently listening to back to the previous screen instead of playing the next track.
- Previous Track does nothing! Ever! I'm laughing here.
I know my keyboard controls work, because I can use all of them flawlessly with iTunes, Windows Media Player, CyberLink PowerDVD, etc, whether those windows are at the forefront, background, minimized, etc.
Thanks so much!